For the record
Douglas County Board
Monday, July 16
Agenda subject to change
Location: Douglas County Courthouse board room
9 a.m. Call to order, approve agenda and approve minutes from June 17 regular board meeting and Board of Appeal and Equalization
9:05 p.m. Jacob Turner, Veterans Services officer
1. Office Activity
9:15 a.m. Shaynen Schmidt, Douglas County Demo Landfill & Alex Rubbish
1. Future of the Landfill
9:20 a.m. Troy Wolbersen, Douglas County sheriff
1. Minnesota Department of Corrections Joint Powers Agreement
2. Resolution — Honor Guard donation
9:25 a.m. Keith Albertsen, Assessor
1. Assessing contract renewals
9:30 a.m. Brent Birkeland, Information Technology director
1. Jail and Public Works HVAC upgrades
2. Services Center — Door access and video security
9:45 a.m. Laurie Bonds, Community Human Services director
1. Approve grant application for Land of Dancing Sky
9:47 a.m. Dave Rush, Land and Resource director
1. Final plat — Utopia Acres First Addition
2. Final Plat — Wahtomin Trail Estates First Addition
3. Conditional use: David and Patti Chambers, application to allow outdoor parking/storage of cars, boat trailers, and lakeshore recreational equipment associated with the adjacent resort.
4. Conditional Use: Shannon D. Thompson, application to allow firearms sales, repair, and gunsmith business.
5. Update on temporary special controls — No wake restriction
Current conditions and possible extension
10 a.m. Break
10:05 a.m. Char Rosenow, auditor-treasurer
2. Gambling permit
3. TIF reports
10:10 a.m. Dave Robley, Public Works director
1. Award contract — State Aid Project 021-609-011 (County State Aid Hwy. 9)
2. Award contract — State Aid Project 021-601-037 (County State Aid Hwy. 1), etc.
3. Award contract — State Aid Project 021-592-001 (Andes Rd)
4. Authorization to advertise for bids — County State Aid Hwy. 4 and CR 87 reclamation and
5. Railroad crossing signal agreement — CR 64
6. JCD 2 — Find meeting dates
7. County Ditch 9 — Approve repair quote
8. County Ditch 17 — Schedule public hearing
9. Lake Brophy County Park — Visitor Center schematic presentation
10. Resolution — Supporting grant application for Lake Brophy County Park Visitor Center
10:55 a.m. Break
11 a.m. Board
1. License director/deputy registrar hire
2. Facilities director hire
3. Emergency Services Board budget
4. Commissioner reports and per diem claims
5. Reports of other upcoming meetings for commissioners? Per diem eligible? Advertising needed?
Items from the floor
Alexandria Planning Commission
Monday, July 15
Location: Alexandria City Hall Council Chambers at 704 Broadway
• 7 p.m. Public Hearing — Judy 401K Trust — Conditional use permit, to allow moving a house in an R-1 "Single Family Residential" zoning district. The property is at 211 Oak St. N.
• 7:10 p.m. Public hearing — Cournoyer Holdings, LLC — Exception to platting, to allow a one-time split of unplatted property located in a B-1 "General Business" zoning district. The property is at 1301 N. Nokomis NE.
• 7:20 p.m. Public hearing — Cole Hanson & Terry O'Brien — Zoning District amendment to rezone a 272' x 11' strip of lake shore property from R-1 "Single Family Residential" to B-1 "General Business." The property is east of The Lure Lakebar along North Nokomis/County State Aid Hwy. 42, between the public street and the westerly shoreline of Lake LeHomme Dieu.
• 7:30 p.m. Public hearing — Lee Ostendorf d/b/a Ostendorf Owner's Association — Street vacation allowing the vacation of a portion of a dedicated, public road (some of which has already been vacated), lying adjacent to the plat of "Ostendorf Addition." The property is east of Hwy. 29, north of Third Avenue, west of the railroad right-of-way, and south of the Central Lakes Trail.
• 7:40 p.m. Public hearing — Alexandria HRA — Conditional Use & Subdivision Applications to subdivide vacant property, to create a public park, to create a public street, and to allow a conditional use permit to construct two apartment buildings with 70 units total in R-3 "Medium Density Residential" and B-1 "General Business" zoning districts. The property is west of Birch Avenue and south of Lakepark Avenue.
• Old & Other Business
A. Final Plat — Juanita Then — "Then's Fifth Addition"
B. City of Alexandria — Comprehensive Plan update