Alomere Health in Alexandria has updated its visitor restrictions to more closely align with its value of hospitality.
Effective Feb. 1, the following are the new visitor guidelines at all Alomere Health locations:
- One visitor per patient per stay/appointment; minors are allowed two guardians.
- All visitors must meet COVID-19 self-screening requirements prior to entering facilities. Visitors must be healthy and not show any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever.
- Visitors must be appropriately masked at all times, covering both the nose and mouth.
- No visitors will be allowed for COVID-19 patients.
- No visitors in chemotherapy infusion clinic.
- Visitors must remain in patient rooms for the duration of their visit.
Any visitor violating any of these requirements will be asked to leave Alomere Health and all of its facilities until they are able to meet these requirements.
Patients will continue to be asked for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, including feeling ill or feverish. Alomere Health employees will continue to be monitored for signs and symptoms, including temperature checks daily upon entering the facility.
"As an organization, Alomere Health is dedicated to our core values of accountability, compassion, excellence, hospitality and integrity," said Edward Reif, director of Alomere Health Community Relations and Development. "As integral pieces of a patient’s care team, it is important for loved ones to be able to accompany their patient during their visit(s) to our facilities. "