Township election results reported throughout Douglas County
After yesterday's township elections, the results are in for several of Douglas County's townships: ? Alexandria Township: Roger Thalman, with 28 votes, was elected supervisor E and Julie Feuling, 26 votes, was elected supervisor D. (The treasure...
After yesterday's township elections, the results are in for several of Douglas County's townships:
- Alexandria Township: Roger Thalman, with 28 votes, was elected supervisor E and Julie Feuling, 26 votes, was elected supervisor D. (The treasurer position is appointed.)
- Brandon Township did not have an election. Its elections take place in November of even-numbered years.
- Carlos Township: Dean Yohnke was elected treasurer with 40 votes. Rodney Meyers was elected supervisor with 39 votes (there was one write-in vote).
- Holmes City Township: Supervisor Arthur Isackson was re-elected. (The clerk/treasurer position is appointed.)
- Hudson Township: Cindy VanLuik, 17 votes, was elected treasurer. Roxanne Westergren, 24 votes, was elected supervisor.
- Lake Mary Township: Julie Freier, 19 votes, was elected treasurer. James Schmidt, 19 votes, was elected supervisor.
- Leaf Valley Township: Brent Ost was elected supervisor with 85 votes (there were four write-ins). Barb Guenther was elected treasurer.
- Lund Township: Carol Zickur won the race for supervisor with 17 votes to Maggie Dahlen's 13 votes. No one filed for the treasurer position and the person who received the most write-in votes declined the position. Now, the three people who were write-ins and had one vote, will be asked to take the position. Details will be discussed at the next township meeting, according to Michelle Olson, township clerk.
- Miltona Township: In the supervisor race, Doug Hunt was the winner with 56 votes. Bob Upton received 43. Connie Marshall was elected treasurer with 92 votes.
- Orange Township: Newton Earl, with 21 votes, was elected treasurer. Bruce Massmann was elected supervisor with 21 votes.
- Osakis Township: Brian Niehoff, with 11 votes, was elected supervisor. (The treasurer spot is appointed.)
- Solem Township: Curt Hamen was elected supervisor with 20 votes and Kevin Holl was elected treasurer with 17 votes.
- Spruce Hill Township: In the treasurer race, Henry Ahrens won with 26 votes while Terry Sather received 11. Larry Skoglund was elected to the three-year supervisor position and Brad Lusty was elected to the two-year supervisor spot with 28 votes.
- Urness Township: In the supervisor race, Ritchie Johnson was the winner by one vote. He received 12 votes and William Frishmon had 11. Shirley Thompson was elected treasurer with 25 votes.
The Echo Press will post results for the following townships when results are called in: Belle River, Evansville, Ida, LaGrand, Millerville and Moe. Check back for updates throughout the day.