Todd County offering free Healthy Home Assessments
The assessments are being offered to Todd County residents in need of home assistance.
TODD COUNTY — Todd County Health & Human Services is offering free Healthy Home Assessments to Todd County residents in need of home assistance.
A Healthy Homes Assessment includes:
- Completion of a healthy homes checklist by a trained Healthy Homes practitioner.
- Identification of any housing-based health threats.
- Information on mitigation efforts including educational materials, community resources or programs that would benefit the household in addressing the safety and health concerns.
- Providing supplies to address the issue(s), such as radon test kits, carbon monoxide monitors, non-toxic cleaning supplies, batteries, childproof locks, private well testing, dehumidifiers, trash cans, night lights, non-skid rugs, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, sheets/pillow covers, vacuums, lead test kits, electrical outlet covers and downspouts.
- A follow-up visit to determine if home safety and health issues have improved.
If you are interested in a Healthy Home Assessment, contact David Determan at 320-732-4271 or email@example.com.