Anderson Funeral Home to host grief seminars
Sessions will be held Mondays and Tuesdays for six weeks.
Grieving the death of a family member or friend can be hard and at times, painful.
Anderson Funeral Home in Alexandria is sponsoring morning and evening sessions of a grief seminar, “Growing Through Our Grief.”
It will take place Mondays at 6 p.m. from Feb. 21 through March 28 and on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. from Feb. 22 through March 29.
All sessions will be held at Anderson's on Broadway, 801 Broadway St., Alexandria.
Jeri Dawson, Grief Care Coordinator at Anderson Funeral Home, will lead the seminar, which is intended to meet the needs of anyone working through the grief process resulting from the death of a loved one and to provide support to get through the steps of grieving.
Each session will include information and education on some of the primary stressors associated with the death of a loved one.
The sessions will last approximately 90 minutes and include a break. There is no charge for the seminar. Anyone who would like help in the grief healing process is welcome to attend.
For more information or to register, call Anderson's on Broadway at 320-219-6278.
- Session 1: Overview of grief and the process of grieving – Introduction: the task of grieving.
- Session 2: Feelings – How do I name them? What do I do with them? Video: "White Water."
- Session 3: Impact of loss on the family – Your new role with friends and family, redefining myself/new coping tools.
- Session 4: Reflections – Spiritual profile and personal recovery. Video: "Invincible Summer."
- Session 5: Journal and letter writing – Recording our personal grief journey.
- Session 6: Hope and healing – Taking care of myself, ritual of recovery.