Hay fire occurs near Miltona on Monday morning
The fire departments from Miltona and Parkers Prairie were called to the scene.
MILTONA — Firefighters from Miltona and Parkers Prairie were called to a farm near Miltona to extinguish a hay fire on Monday morning, July 11.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call about a hay shed on fire on Jeff Boesl's property near Lake Vermont Access Road. Dispatch paged the Miltona Fire Department to the scene.
After arriving, firefighters saw a large Quonset shed filled with large bales that were on fire. An initial investigation suggests a spontaneous combustion in the center area of the shed, according to the sheriff's office.
The Miltona Fire Department requested assistance from the Parkers Prairie Fire Department. Together, they were able to safely extinguish the fire.
The Parkers Prairie Ambulance Service assisted on scene.