Alexandria Planning Commission
Alexandria City Hall
Monday, Nov. 15
Please note that the members of the Planning Commission may participate remotely via telephone or video. Members of the public also have the right to participate in the meeting by phone or other electronic means. To participate remotely via video, click here. The meeting ID is 847 4998 4517 and the passcode is 972410. To call in by phone, dial 312-626-6799 and enter the meeting ID, and passcode 972410 if requested.
1. 7 p.m. Public hearing for a planned unit development at Lake Geneva Christian Center. The applicant wishes to construct a two-story camper lodge with both “dorm style” rooms for campers and hotel style rooms for counselors (46 queen beds, 160 bunks, sleeps 254 people). The basement will be used for additional storage and utilities. The lobby will connect to the indoor pool with an underground tunnel connecting to the existing dining hall. The pool will be constructed of architectural precast concrete and housing to be wood framed. The camper lodge will be located in an R-1 “Single Family Residential” zoning district.
2. 7:10 p.m. Public hearing for a street vacation request to the City of Alexandria. The applicant wishes to vacate a platted alleyway in “Roths Addition.” The alley runs north and south between 17th Avenue and 18th Avenue and lies west of Broadway Street/TH29 and east of Hawthorne Street.
3. Old and other business
Douglas County Board of Commissioners
Tuesday, Nov. 16
Location: Douglas County Administration Building Board Room, 821 Cedar St., Alexandria
9 a.m. Call to order, approve agenda, approve minutes of Nov. 2 regular meeting
9:02 a.m. Rodney Naab, facilities director
- Lighting upgrade - Services Center - action
- Hot Water Baseboards - Services Center - action
9:07 a.m. Troy Wolbersen, sheriff
- Resolution - Schmidt donation - action
- Resolution - Ascheman donation - action
- Resolution - MN Sheriff's Association donation - action
9:12 a.m. Laurie Bonds, Community Human Services director
- Approve contract - action
- Discuss Region 4 South Mental Health Consortium bylaws - informational
9:19 a.m. Tim Erickson, Public Works director
- Authorize advertising for bids: Brophy Visitor’s Center – action
- Authorize combining benefits: CD 17 - action
9:24 a.m. Dave Rush, Land & Resource Management director
- Final plat – Liepold Legacy – action
- Conditional use – Resorters Marine LLC – action
- Conditional use – Christopher E. Drown Etal – action
- Amended preliminary plat – Hertwig Point – action
- Conditional use – Irmadene Hanson – action
- Conditional use – Nicholas J. and Andrea R. McFarane – action
- Resolution to accept FY 2022-2023 Natural Resources Block Grant agreement - action
- Reduction to financial assurance for Pilgrim Point Shores development – action
9:54 a.m. Jill Frisell, finance director
- Bills - action
- CLA audit engagement letter – action
- ARPA request childcare provider grant - action
10:03 a.m. Items from the floor
These items are as of Wednesday, Nov. 10, and are subject to change.
Pope/Douglas Solid Waste Management Special Meeting
Thursday, Nov. 18
Location: 2115 Jefferson Street, Alexandria
- Call to order
- The Pledge of Allegiance
- Approve minutes of Oct. 21 meeting
- Financial reports
- WTE Plant operations report
- Landfill and Metal Recovery Operations report
- MRF Operations report
- Plant maintenance report
- SCORE programs update
- Other business: a. Capital projects
To join the meeting from a computer, tablet, or smartphone, click here.
You can also dial in using your phone. To dial in by phone, call 312-626-6799 and enter the meeting ID, 883 3525 2521, and access code 322715.
This agenda is as of Monday, Nov. 10, and is subject to change.