Alexandria Planning Commission
Monday, Aug. 19
Location: Alexandria City Hall Council Chambers, 704 Broadway
1. 7 p.m. Public hearing – Robert Close – Utility easement vacation. Request to vacate an existing unused 10’ utility easement on Lot 8, Block 3 “Evelyn Estates,” in an R-1 “Single Family Residential” zoning district.
2. 7:10 p.m. Public hearing – Tom Bosek –Interim Use Permit. Request to allow open and outdoor storage for a time period not to exceed 12 months from the date of the city approval for jet skis and pontoons in an R-1 “Single Family Residential” zoning district, at 1405 Scenic Heights Road NE.
3. 7:20 p.m. Public hearing – Alexandria HRA – Conditional use and subdivision applications. Request to replat vacant property and to allow construction of four adjoining townhomes and two common areas in an R-1 “Single Family Residential” zoning district at 1005 Sixth Ave. E.
4. 7:30 p.m. Public hearing – Nathan Pierson – Conditional use permit. Request to allow an express car wash with 10 vacuum stations in a B-1 “General Business” zoning district at 604 44th Ave. E. (directly behind Doolittles).
5. Old and other business
A. Final plat – Alexandria HRA – “Central Lakes”
B. City of Alexandria – Comprehensive Plan update
Douglas County Board
Tuesday, Aug. 20
County Courthouse board room
9 a.m. Approve agenda and minutes
9:05 a.m. Public hearing – County Ditch No. 17
9:35 a.m. Board – Drainage authority ‐ County Ditch No. 17
9:40 a.m. Dave Robley, Public Works director – Award contract – SAP 021‐604‐018, etc.
9:45 a.m. Abby Strom, Community and Workforce Development coordinator, AAEDC – Resolution, 2019 BIAD ‐ Geneva Capital
9:50 a.m. Ann Stehn, Horizon Public Health administrator – 2020 Environmental Health Food, Pools, and Lodging Fees
9:55 a.m. Rebecca Sternquist, Land and Resource assistant director – Plat correction: Basswood Shore; Conditional use, Storage Max; Grants Lake infestation status and other aquatic invasive species activities
10:15 a.m. Char Rosenow, auditor/treasurer – Bills; Send out an external audit request for proposals; Brandon Economic Development Authority tax forfeiture request; Gambling permit; Reimbursement; TIF annual reports
10:30 a.m. Heather Schlangen, county coordinator – MCIT dividend
10:31 a.m. Board – City of Evansville, Annual disclosure of Tax Increment Districts.
10:36 a.m. Items from the floor
10:45 a.m. Jerry Haggenmiller, Soil and Water Conservation – Budget request
10:50 a.m. Brittany Johnson, Douglas County Historical Society – Budget request
10:55 a.m. Tara Bitzan, Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce – Budget request
11 a.m. West Central Initiative – Update and Budget request
11:05 a.m. Steve Henry and Gene Rose, Douglas County Lake Association – Water Quality Legacy Fund, Budget request
1 p.m. Approve agenda
1:05 p.m. Nicole Fernholz, Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission – Budget request
1:25 p.m. Board
Internal requests: Set salary for Commissioners, County Attorney, Auditor/Treasurer, County Recorder and Sheriff.
Set 2020 mileage rate
Set 2020 COLA for non‐represented employees
External 2019 appropriation requests: Pride of the Lakes appropriation
3. External 2020 appropriation requests: Soil and Water Conservation, Douglas County Historical Society, Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce, Pride of the Lakes, West Central Initiative, Water Quality Legacy Fund and Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission
1:55 p.m. Erin Smith, Viking Library System – Appropriation request
2:05 p.m. Troy Wolbersen, sheriff – Budget request
Preliminary budget is subject to change