Douglas County student news for Aug. 5, 2022
Academic honors and graduations
We are part of The Trust Project.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College has named local students to its President's list and Dean's list for the spring semester. The President's list requires a GPA of 4.0 while the Dean's list requires a GPA of 3.50 to 3.99. The students are as follows: Alexandria. Annie Bowser, Darla Hedstrom, Will Hergott, Brittney Hughes,
Kelly Johnson, and Megan Peterson, all on the Dean's list. Carlos: McKinley Danielson and MaKenna Hansmeyer, both on the Dean's list. Evansville: Christian Norby, President's list. Glenwood: Amanda Armstrong, President's list, Angie VanZee, Dean's list, and Haylee Wildman, President's list. Hoffman: Lily Merkins, Dean's list. Kensington: Parker Martinson and McKaylyn Stevens, both on the Dean's list. Osakis: Andrew Drevlow, Veronica Lafreniere, Brendan Reilly, Jason Sommars, and
Emily Waldorf, all on the Dean's list; Parkers Prairie: Lydia Guenther, President's list; Bailey Jacobson, Dean's list; Brian Remer, President's list; Carter Remer, President's list; Vanessa Schaefer, President's list; and Samuel Schneider, Dean's list.
- Lexi Cole of Alexandria was named to the spring Dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Stout in Menomonie, Wisconsin, for earning a GPA of at least 3.5. Cole, a sophomore, is studying health, wellness. and fitness.
- South Dakota State in Brookings, South Dakota, named the following students to its spring Dean's list: Alexandria — Caitlin Bright in the College of Natural Sciences; Joria Downing in the College of Nursing; Hailey Eggebraaten in the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Collin Endres in the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering; Whitly Netland in the College of Natural Sciences; Lydia Waage in the College of Nursing; Nathan Halstead of Farwell in the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering; Ryan Borris of Miltona in the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering.
- The following students have been named to the Minnesota State University Moorhead Dean’s list for earning a GPA of 3.25 or higher. Alexandria: Kayla Ferguson, speech/language/hearing science; Landon Fisher, project management; Kelsey Fletcher, elementary inclusive education; Kathryn Freese Masterson, art; Hadlee Hansen, speech/language/hearing science; Hailey Hoffman, psychology, criminal justice, sociology; McKenna Horan, ecology and evolutionary biology; Julia Imdieke, ecology and evolutionary biology; Makenzie Jacobs, psychology, criminal justice; Landyn James, exercise science; Makena Lindgren, business administration; Shaelyn Melrose, elementary inclusive education; Rachel Meyer, entertainment industries and technology; Madison Miller, elementary inclusive education; Corrine Morkassel, paralegal; Katelyn Niemeyer, theater arts; Francesca Palmer, business administration; Ezra Paradee, advertising and public relations; Taylor Sayre, communications arts and literature education; Ethan Schroeder, finance; Brooklyn VonBank, elementary inclusive education; Matie Wirtjes, business administration; Miranda Zimmerman, business administration. Brandon: Megan Henry, speech, language, hearing science; Tony Schaffran, exercise science; Brianna Storey, psychology. Kensington: Jacob Bright, speech/language/hearing science; Dawson Staples, construction management; Miltona: Cole Steele, accounting, finance, certificate in Lean. Osakis: Tia Dykema, nursing; Cassandra Halbur, sociology, women's and gender studies, Jayden Hensley, business administration; Morgan Herzog, social studies; Luke Imdieke, exercise science; Jacey Larson, elementary inclusive education; Alexa Lien, mathematics education; Morgan Moore, nursing. Villard: Greta Reichmann, speech/language/hearing science; Austin Zarbok, nursing.
- Anna Bergman of Hoffman was named to the Dean's list at the University of Minnesota Morris for spring semester for earning a GPA of at least 3.666.
- Eleanor G. Stenglein of Miltona was named to the Dean's list at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, for earning a GAP of at least 3.5. Stenglein is studying veterinary medicine.
- Ashleigh VanderTuin of Alexandria was named to the spring Dean's list at Black Hills State University in Spearfish, South Dakota, for earning a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Brittany Lanus, a senior at Alexandria Area High School, was selected to receive a $2,500 STAR Scholarship from the Philanthropic Educational Organization Sisterhood. She was recommended by P.E.O. Chapter EL of Alexandria. The STAR scholarship goes to exceptional women in their final year of high school to attend an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the U.S. or Canada. Lanus is involved in music, cheer, student government, theater, and National Honor Society, as well as in many community activities. She will attend the University of Minnesota -Moorhead in the fall to pursue a degree in Elementary Education.
- Emily Marthaler of West Union, Minnesota was one of seven students at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, to receive a $1,000 Steven Mark Anderson Scholarship for the 2022-23 academic year. Marthaler is a sophomore majoring in social work with a minor in art.
Some insurance policies also now include a separate, higher deductible for hail and wind damage.