Bernick Family Foundation awards $150K in grants
Ten grants help support youth, education, health and wellness programs.
ALEXANDRIA — The Bernick Family Foundation announced today that $150,000 in grants was awarded to organizations and projects that go toward supporting youth, education, fitness and well-being programs within Central Minnesota. Eligible organizations were required to be a 501(c)3 organization, school or governmental entity and serve one of the seven regions that Bernick's services.
Jason Bernick, Bernick’s Director of Corporate Affairs stated "This year's grant recipients will truly have an impact on communities that we share a stake in and we are proud to be a part of helping make these programs and projects possible. Bernick’s is honored to uphold our family tradition of serving Customers and Community since 1916.”
The latest round of grants supported the following community projects:
- $15,000 was awarded to the Alexandria Public Schools - Community Education for the Alexandria Area Outdoor Challenge Park.
- $10,000 was awarded to the Smokey Timbers Foundation to help with building improvements.
- $15,000 was awarded to the City of Melrose for Sauk River Park improvements.
- $20,000 was awarded to the Pillager Family Council for the Pillager Community Recreation and Fitness Project including skating rink and pickle ball courts.
- $15,000 was awarded to the Northwood Technical College Foundation Inc. to purchase tool sets for outreach for Construction Essentials.
- $15,000 was awarded to the GND Development Alliance for the completion of GND REC Skatepark.
- $10,000 was awarded to Life House, Inc. for their Life House Imaginarium program.
- $15,000 was awarded to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota for their CareerSTART Workforce Development Program.
- $20,000 was awarded to the Sartell Lions Club for the Sartell-area Lions Regional Inclusive Playground Project.
- $15,000 was awarded to Glacial Ridge Curling for their Glacial Ridge Curling Facility Capital Campaign.
“We are once again proud to partner with the Bernick Family Foundation. Their support of these seven regions improves philanthropy within Central Minnesota and beyond," KoriAnn Carter, director of community impact, said in a press release.
The Bernick Family Foundation established their first fund with the Central Minnesota Community Foundation in 1989. The Bernicks' company and the Bernick family uses their funds to support organizations that reflect the family’s core values, while providing leadership in responding to emerging community needs.