At the Movies - 03-27-09
Here are the new movies starting this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, including other movies playing and times, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are the new movies starting this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, including other movies playing and times, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com .
Monsters vs. Aliens
Animated Sci-Fi - PG
When California girl Susan Murphy is unwittingly clobbered by a meteor full of outer space gunk on her wedding day, she mysteriously grows to 49-feet-11-inches tall. Alerted to the threat of this new monster, the military jumps into action and Susan is captured and secreted away to a covert government compound. There, she is renamed Ginormica and placed in confinement with a ragtag group of other monsters: the brilliant, but insect-headed Dr. Cockroach, PhD; the macho half-ape, half-fish The Missing Link; the gelatinous and indestructible B.O.B.; and the 350-foot grub called Insectosaurus. Their confinement is cut short, however, when a mysterious alien robot lands on Earth and begins storming the country. In a moment of desperation, the president is persuaded by General W.R. Monger to enlist the motley crew of monsters to combat the alien robot and save the world from imminent destruction.
- Directed by: Rob Letterman and Conrad Vernon.
- Cast: The vocal talents of Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Laurie, Will Arnet, Seth Rogen, Rainn Wilson, Stephen Colbert, Kiefer Sutherland and Paul Rudd.
- This film is rated PG for sci-fi action, some crude humor and mild language.
Action - PG-13
When New Orleans Police Detective Danny Baxter stops a brilliant thief from getting away with a multi-million-dollar heist, the thief's girlfriend is accidentally killed. After escaping from prison, the criminal mastermind enacts his revenge, taunting the cop with a series of near-impossible puzzles and tasks...12 rounds...that Baxter must somehow complete to save the life of his fiancée.
- Directed by: Renny Harlin.
- Cast: John Cena, Steve Harris, Ashley Scott, Aidan Gillen and Brian White.
- This film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action.
Horror/Thriller - PG-13
In the tradition of such real-life horror movies as The Exorcist and The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Haunting in Connecticut tells the astounding true story of one family's supernatural ordeal. When Sara and Peter Campbell's son Matt is diagnosed with cancer, they uproot their family to Connecticut for his treatment. As the family settles into their new home, Matt grows increasingly disturbed by paranormal activity that seems to inhabit and possess the house. At a loss to help her frightened family, his mother turns to an enigmatic priest who appears to rid the house of its ghosts - until the boy's condition takes a sudden and unexplained turn for the worse and their lives are put in grave danger.
- Directed by: Peter Comwell.
- Cast: Virginia Madsen, Kyle Gallner, Martin Donovan, Elias Koteas and Amanda Crew.
- This film is rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of terror and disturbing images.