Zion to present Easter story
The message of the Easter season will come to life at Zion Lutheran Church in Alexandria.
Starting this Friday, "History on 3rd" — formerly known as the Passion Drama — will take place outside the church along Alexandria's Third Avenue. Over the next few weeks, five vivid scenes will be presented:
• The Nativity — Friday, April 12 from 4-7 p.m.
• The Triumphant Entrance into Jerusalem — Palm Sunday, April 14 from noon-3 p.m.
• The Crucifixion — Friday, April 19 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Guarding of the Tomb — Friday, April 19 from 1 p.m. through Easter morning.
• His Ascension — Thursday, May 30 from 4-7 p.m.
Scenes will be presented in a drive-by manner but all are welcome to park at Zion Lutheran, 300 Lake Street, and walk over to view the scenes with narration on the lawn of Third Avenue.
'Christ in the Passover' in Kensington
Amer Olson of Jews for Jesus will re-create the traditional Passover service and explain how it foreshadowed Jesus' death and resurrection in a presentation called "Christ in the Passover" at Kensington Covenant Church at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 16.
Some believe that Jesus' last supper was actually a Jewish Passover meal. Refreshments will follow. For more information, call Pastor David Wallin at 320-491-3245.