For the record
Alexandria Planning Commission
Monday, April 15
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
1. 7 p.m. Public hearing — Wally Tischer — Conditional use permit, requesting to allow a replat and a conditional use permit to allow construction of a three-unit townhome project in an R-1 "Single Family Residential" zoning district. The property is at 102 Birch Ave.
2. 7:10 p.m. Public hearing — Calvary Lutheran Church — Conditional use permit, requesting to allow an addition to their existing church facility which will consist of a worship space, a gathering space, and relocation of kitchen in an R-2 "Single & Two-Family Residential" zoning district. The property is at 605 Douglas St.
3. 7:20 p.m. Public hearing — Sharpe Property Group, LLC — Conditional use permit, requesting to allow moving a house in an R-2 "Single and Two Family Residential" zoning district. The property is at 623 Oak St.
4. 7:30 p.m. Public hearing — Kuepers, Inc. — Conditional use permit, requesting to allow a multi-family housing development to include two 35-unit apartment buildings and four accessory detached garage buildings in a B-1 "General Business" zoning district. The property is on 41st Ave. West.
5. Old and other business: Stonemanor First Addition — Replat; City of Alexandria — SRTS & Evidence of Title; Small Area Corridor Plan; Comprehensive Plan update
Douglas County Board
Tuesday, April 16
*Agenda as of April 10 and subject to change
Location: County Courthouse board room
9:05 a.m. Connie Fields, Early Childhood Initiative coordinator
9:10 a.m. Jeff Linn, Douglas Area Trails Association
DATA Trail sponsorship
9:20 a.m. Steve Henry, Lakes Association president
Long Prairie Watershed
9:30 a.m. Mary Skillings, recorder
Request to fill deputy recorder position
9:35 a.m. Steve Ziemer, Facilities Maintenance director
Douglas County door hardware
9:40 a.m. Dave Rush, Land and Resource director
Final plat: Thompson First Addition
Conditional use permits — Pak Rat Mini Storage LLC; Stacy Anderstrom; Marcie and Clifferd Wagner
10:05 a.m. Char Rosenow, auditor-treasurer
Bills; Abatement; Transfer of funds; Request to fill vacancy in finance; Resolution — gambling permit
10:15 a.m. Dave Robley, Public Works director
Award contracts — State Aid Project 021-602-006, etc. (2019 Paving Projects); pavement marking; liquid calcium chloride
Approve filling GIS coordinator position
Approve quotes for replacing meeting room projectors; for LED light conversion at Alexandria garage; for re-insulating Kensington garage; for salt/sand shed in Alexandria
Approve equipment purchases/leases (a. Purchase skid loader; b. Purchase tilt top trailer; c. Purchase two bat-wing mowers; d. Purchase tractor; e. Lease two tractors)
Approve quotes for Lake Brophy County Park playground (a. Equipment installation; b. Concrete curb and walk; c. Pour in place surfacing; d. Wood fiber)
Approve 2019 Drainage and Ag Inspection report
Resolution supporting adequate funding for MN's transportation system
TH 27 Corridor study — presentation of final report
11:20 a.m. Heather Schlangen, county coordinator
1. Spray for tent caterpillars — West Central Ag-Air Inc.
11:25 a.m. Board
1. Appoint two commissioners to sit in on negotiations
2. 2020 Census partnership
3. Reports of other upcoming meetings for commissioners? Per diem eligible? Advertising needed?
Closed Session: The meeting will be closed to evaluate the performance of the following non-elected Department Head: Jacob Turner.