New group forms to support Alexandria FFA
A new organization has formed to support the Alexandria FFA program.
The "Alexandria FFA Alumni" has attained non-profit status, drafted bylaws and will hold an informational meeting for anyone interested in joining on Monday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. at the Alexandria Area High School's agricultural room near the greenhouse.
Those attending will learn about opportunities to support students as they develop leadership skills, personal growth and career success.
Bernie Van Zomeren, one of the organizers for the Alexandria FFA Alumni, outlined the group's main goals:
• Assist, encourage and support the local agricultural education instructor.
• Arrange and contribute resources to enhance interactivity of the educational classroom.
• Support and promote the local agricultural education and FFA program on the local, state and national levels.
• Encourage and support professional development of the local agricultural educator/FFA advisor.
• Serve as resources to share professional expertise and experiences in personal agricultural areas.
• Prepare press releases and/or train students on how to generate press releases.
• Provide a tie to local agricultural professionals and opportunities to help the local ag instructor in educating students and members.
• Provide/recruit supervised agricultural experience host sites and mentors for FFA members.
• Volunteer to serve as coaches, mentors, helpers, etc., with preparation of students.
• Contribute assistance in local program of activities.
• Contribute to the local FFA chapter through gifts of financial assistance.
• Procure volunteers to transport or chaperone FFA events/conferences.
• Promote the personal development of the FFA and FFA alumni members and volunteers.
For more information about the Alexandria FFA Alumni, go to the Feb. 11 meeting or contact Van Zomeren at 320-760-0826.