One Alexandria family is thankful that an explosion inside their residence wasn't as big as it could have been.

Shortly before 2 p.m. Wednesday, the Douglas County Law Enforcement Center received a 911 call of a gas explosion inside the Jim Hultman residence at 2211 County Road 22 NW in Alexandria.

When Douglas County Sheriff's Office deputies arrived on scene, they found out the owner, Jim Hultman, had been replacing a gas dryer. Reportedly, while replacing the dryer, the gas line began leaking and when the furnace turned on it triggered an explosion.

Hultman received minor injuries and the home itself sustained some smoke damage, according to the sheriff's office.

The Alexandria Fire Department and North Ambulance were also called to the scene.