1677091 Public Notice - Cancellation of Contract for Deed
Public Notice Publish April 12, 19, 26, 2013 NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT FOR DEED DATE: April 12, 2013 TO: James J. & Dorothy Langanki 9897 Chippewa Hts NW Brandon, MN 56315 YOU ARE NOTIFIED: 1. Default has occurred in the Contract for...
Publish April 12, 19, 26, 2013
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
OF CONTRACT FOR DEED
DATE: April 12, 2013
TO: James J. & Dorothy Langanki
9897 Chippewa Hts NW
Brandon, MN 56315
YOU ARE NOTIFIED:
1. Default has occurred in the Contract for Repurchase of Tax-Forfeited Land, Contract dated December 13, 2011, and filed for record December 27, 2011 as Document #A343130, in the office of the County Recorder of Douglas County, Minnesota, in which Charlene L. Rosenow, Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer, acting on behalf of the state of Minnesota, sold to James and Dorothy Langanki, the real property in Douglas County, Minnesota, described as follows: PID #48-0098-000, Parcel 2 "W.A. #18" of Section 9, Twp 127, Range 36, containing 15.40 Acres, according to the recorded plat thereof.
2. Property was purchased on the 13th of December, 2011 under the terms of contract sales approved by resolution of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners.
3. The default is as follows: The 2012 installment that was due on the anniversary date of the contract, December 13, 2012, has not been paid. The real property taxes due in 2012 were not paid in 2012 and remain delinquent.
4. The Auditor-Treasurer's Office has received authorization from the Douglas County Board of Commissioners to cancel defaulted tax-forfeited land contracts by Resolution #13-23, adopted March 26, 2013.
5. The County Auditor-Treasurer has begun proceedings under M.S. 559.21 to cancel your contract for deed for the reasons specified in paragraph #3 above. The contract will be canceled on July 12, 2013, unless, before that time, you pay the total amount due on the date when paid or you secure from a county or district court an order that cancellation of the contract be suspended until all your claims or defenses are finally disposed of by trial, hearing, or settlement. Your action must specifically state those facts and grounds that demonstrate your claims or defenses.
If you do not pay the total amount due or secure a court order before July 12, 2013, you will lose all the money paid under the contract, lose your right to possess the property, you may lose your right to assert any claims and defenses, and you will be evicted. If you have any questions about this notice, contact an attorney immediately.
A breakout of the total amount due if paid by April 30, 2013, is listed below:
Contract Installment Due - $1,302.34
Real Property Taxes Due in 2012 - $857.58
Cost of Sheriff's Service - $53.56
Cost of Publication - $490.34
County Attorney Fees - $
2% of Amount of Default - $43.20
Total Due If Paid by April 30, 2013 - $2,747.02
The name, address and telephone number of the county auditor-treasurer who is authorized to accept payment is listed below. Since the amounts stated above are subject to increase, please contact the county auditor-treasurer's office at (320) 762-3881 for the exact amount required to redeem your contract and any further information concerning the impending cancellation of your contract.
/s/ Charlene L. Rosenow
Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer
Douglas County Courthouse
305 8th Ave West
Alexandria, MN 56308