A survivor of an explosion will speak at The Unity Foundation's Faith @ Work Lunch at noon Friday, Aug. 21 at the Broadway Ballroom in Alexandria.
Brian Orsten of Benson was inspecting a faulty water supply at a friend's home in 2018 when a propane leak erupted into a fireball, burning his hands, mouth, face and back. He cried out, "Jesus save me!" and the fireball vanished, he said.
He will talk about how the incident deepened his relationship with Jesus.
Tickets cost $10 per person and can be purchased online or at the door.
To meet the goals of keeping everyone safe while providing an uplifting message, seating is limited and the Unity Foundation asks that those who want to attend make reservations at https://aug20fw.eventbrite.com or by emailing UnityFoundationAlex@gmail.com.
- Guests will be greeted as they come in and asked a series of questions about COVID symptoms.
- Tables will be kept 6 feet or more apart.
- Each table will seat four.
- Broadway Ballroom staff will wear masks.
- Lunch will be plated and served – no buffet.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks when not eating or drinking.
- High-risk individuals are encouraged to stay home. A recording will be available online.