Summons Publish May 28, June 4, 11, 2021 STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF DOUGLAS IN DISTRICT COURT SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT CIVIL-QUIET TITLE ACTION Court File No.
Publish May 28, June 4, 11, 2021
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CIVIL-QUIET TITLE ACTION
Court File No.: 21-CV-21-425
Ann Marie Murphy Trust,
u/a dated Sept. 18, 2014,
Robert R. Switzer and Doris A. Switzer, Trustees of the Family Trust of Switzer u/d/t May 1, 2006, Margaret Hoffman, Trustee of the Margaret Hoffman Irrevocable Trust u/d/t July 13, 1998, State of Minnesota, Seifert Family Revocable Living Trust, John Doe, Mary Roe, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real property described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff's Complaint against you is attached to this summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 21 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 21 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at: 508 Main Street South, Suite 5, Sauk Centre, Minnesota 56378.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff's Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 21 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That part of Lot 6 of the RE-ARRANGEMENT OF BEDMANS BEACH, according to the recorded plat thereof, described as follows:
Commencing at the northwest corner of Section 26, Township 129 North, Range 38 West;
thence South 01 degrees 35 minutes 44 seconds East, assumed bearing along the west line of said Section, 1269.96 feet;
thence North 90 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds East 2282.48 feet to the northwest corner of Lot 5 of said RE-ARRANGEMENT OF BEDMANS BEACH;
thence South 18 degrees 15 minutes 41 seconds East, along the easterly line of Bedman Drive, 90.40 feet to the southerly line of said Lot 5;
thence continuing South 18 degrees 15 minutes 41 seconds East, along said easterly line of Bedman Drive, 72.94 feet to the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence continuing South 18 degrees 15 minutes 41 seconds East, along said easterly line of Bedman Drive, 90.29 feet to the south line of Lot 6, said RE-ARRANGEMENT OF BEDMANS BEACH;
thence North 82 degrees 29 minutes 13 seconds East 193 feet more or less to the shoreline of Lake Ida;
thence northerly, along said shoreline, 102 feet more or less to a line bearing North 79 degrees 48 minutes 16 seconds East from the point of beginning;
thence South 79 degrees 48 minutes 16 seconds West 223 feet more or less to the point of beginning.
The object of this action is to quiet title to the real property. No personal claim is made by Plaintiff against the Defendants.
Dated: March 15, 2021
/s/ Ann R. Mitchell
ANN R. MITCHELL, Attorney at Law
Atty. Regis. No. 203543
Attorney for Plaintiff
508 Main Street South, Suite 5
Sauk Centre, MN 56378