In the wake of Hurricane Dorian, the American Red Cross is calling blood donors to give blood in local blood drives. The hurricane disrupted blood donations in the southeastern states, forcing communities to cancel blood drives, the nonprofit agency said.
Donors of all blood types are urgently needed to ensure a sufficient supply for patients, especially Types O and B. The Red Cross is also accepting $10 donations by visiting redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS or texting the word DORIAN to 90999.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Grand Arbor, 4403 Pioneer Road SE
- Friday, Sept. 20: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Cornerstone Church, 202 7th Ave. E
- Thursday, Sept. 19: 12-6 p.m., Kensington Community Center, 19 Central Ave. N.
- Friday, Sept. 20: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., American Legion 187, 186 Highway 55
- Wednesday, Sept. 26: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Minnewaska High School, 25122 State Highway 28