Publish October 1, 2021
BOARD OF EDUCATION
ALEXANDRIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
AUGUST 16, 2021
The regular meeting of the Board of Education of Alexandria School District, Alexandria, Minnesota, was called to order by School Board Chairperson Angie Krebs at 7:00 p.m. in the District Office Oak Conference Room, Alexandria, Minnesota.
School Board Members Present: Angie Krebs, Dave Anderson, Alan Zeithamer, Sandy Susag, Jeff Patience, Pam Carlson and Dean Anderson and (ex-officio) Superintendent Rick Sansted. Absent: None
Administrators Present: Michelle Bethke-Kaliher, Trevor Peterson, Darcy Josephson, Lynn Jenc and Jessie Hjelle
Others: Jill Johnson, Maggie Timm and 56 guests
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion by Dean Anderson, seconded by Carlson, to approve the August 16, 2021 agenda.
Motion by Dave Anderson, seconded by Susag, to approve the Consent Agenda as follows:
• approve the minutes of the regular board meeting held on July 19, 202 and the special board canvassing meeting held on August 12, 2021
• ratify the payment of the July 2021 claims
• approve employment agreements
• approve coaching/co-curricular agreements
• approve additional positions
• approve resignations
• approve leave of absence requests
• approve retirements
• approve submission of grant applications
• approve the Resolution for Alexandria Public Schools to Accept Donations and Grants
• approve extended field trips
• approve fundraising activities
• approve the first reading of the following district policies:
• Policy 205 - Open Meetings and Closed Meetings
• Policy 302 - Superintendent
• Policy 304 - Superintendent Contract, Duties and Evaluation
• Policy 307 - Administrative Supervision, Performance Improvement and Evaluation
• Policy 618 - Assessment of Student Achievement
• Policy 651 - Athletic, Fine Arts and Activity Eligibility and Chemical Abuse
• adopt the following district policies:
• Policy 413 - Harassment and Violence
• Policy 506 - District-Wide Student Discipline
• Policy 509 - Enrollment of Nonresident Students
• Policy 530 - Immunization Requirements
• Policy 902 - Use of School District Facilities and Equipment
• approve school district agreements
• adopt the 2021-2022 Leadership Handbook
• approve the 2021-2022 E-Learning Plan
• approve the 2021-2022 superintendent goals
• approve the Continuous Improvement Model curriculum cycle
Vote on Consent Agenda:
REPORTS AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
Health Services Update and Guidelines and Procedures for Policy 606.
APPROVE OPERATIONAL PLAN
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Dave Anderson, to approve the 2021-2022 District Operational Plan.
APPROVE SUBSTITUTE PAY RATES
Motion by Zeithamer, seconded by Susag, to approve the substitute rate schedule as presented.
ADOPT RESOLUTION RELATING TO THE ACQUISITION AND CONSTRUCTION OF DISTRICT IMPROVEMENTS
Motion by Patience, seconded by Carlson, to adopt the Resolution Relating to the Acquisition and Construction of District Improvements as presented.
ADOPT RESOLUTION FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Motion by Dave Anderson, seconded by Susag, to adopt the Resolution for Health and Safety Measures for the 2021-2022 school year as presented.
There being no further business to come before the School Board at this time, the meeting adjourned at 8:51 p.m.
/s/ Angela Krebs
/s/ Dean Anderson