Publish September 29, October 6, 13, 2021
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: QUT
COURT FILE NO. 21-CV-21-1600
Judy Powers and Russell Keller, as Trustees of the Revocable Trust Agreement of Mildred A. Dreher, dated September 8, 2014,
Hans Hanson; Amanda Hanson; Ronald W. Evavold; Mildred A. Dreher; Russell Keller; Michael L. Schmidt and Mary L. Schmidt, husband and wife; Bremer Bank, National Association; Keith Sondgeroth, a/k/a Keith D. Sondgeroth, and Karon Sondgeroth, a/k/a Karon L. Sondgeroth, husband and wife; Steven D. Rosenow and Charlene L. Rosenow, husband and wife; Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc., a separate corporation that is acting solely as nominee for Lender and Lenders successors and assigns, Mortgagee, Citibank, N.A., a Corporation, Lender; Bernard L. Rachel Revocable Trust dated November 20, 2008; and all of the unknown heirs of any of the above-named defendants that may be deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest in or lien upon the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs' Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 21 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 21 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787, Alexandria, MN 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs' Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 21 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, The Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That part of the South Half of the Northwest Quarter, Section 18, Township 128 North, Range 36 West, Douglas County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Beginning at the west quarter corner of said Section 18;
thence North 89 degrees 33 minutes 02 seconds East, Douglas County H.A.R.N. basis of bearing, along the south line of said South Half of the Northwest Quarter, 1894.67 feet to a point on said south line distant 660.00 feet westerly of the southeast corner of said South Half of the Northwest Quarter;
thence North 00 degrees 04 minutes 39 seconds East, parallel with the east line of said South Half of the Northwest Quarter, 508.97 feet;
thence North 80 degrees 59 minutes 07 seconds West 1922.08 feet to a point on the west line of said South Half of the Northwest Quarter distant 825.00 feet northerly of said west quarter corner of Section 18;
thence South 00 degrees 12 minutes 40 seconds East, along said west line, 825.00 feet to the point of beginning.
EXCEPTING THEREFROM that part of DREHER'S NORTH ADDITION, according to the recorded plat thereof, lying within said South Half of the Northwest Quarter.
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that the Plaintiffs are the owners of the land described above; and that the Defendants, and each of them, have no interest or estate in said land, nor lien thereof.
Notice is further given that no personal claim is made by Plaintiffs against any of the Defendants.
Dated this 24th day of September, 2021.
SWENSON LERVICK SYVERSON
TROSVIG JACOBSON CASS, P.A.
By /s/ Michael J. Cass
Michael J. Cass
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Registration # 388245