ALEXANDRIA CITY COUNCIL
MONDAY, DEC. 12
Location: City Hall, 704 Broadway St., Alexandria
1. 7 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance; invocation, public comments
2. 7:05 p.m. Consent agenda - Approve Nov. 28 reg. minutes and Oct. 24, Nov. 14 and Dec. 7 spec. minutes; approve November bills and authorize issuance; approve licenses and authorize issuance
3. 7:10 p.m. Police Chief Rick Wyffels - Introduce new police officer Elliot Draz
4. 7:15 p.m. Public Hearing: 2017 Budget and Tax Levy presentation
A. Resolution adopting the budget for the city for 2017 and establishing tax levy
5. 7:45 p.m. Resolution establishing 2017 Municipal Benefit and the per year Pension amount for Alexandria Fire Fighter Relief Association
6. 7:50 p.m. Assistant City Administrator/HR Director Karin Tank - personnel policy updates
A. Policy on reimbursement for travel expenses (staff and elected officials)
B. Data practices policy
C. Hiring policy
7. 8:00 p.m. Public Hearing - On-sale and Sunday liquor - Redbird's Sports Grill
8. 8:10 p.m. Airport Manager Todd Roth - Accept bids for repairs to Viking (Bellanca) Building fire suppression system
9. 8:15 p.m. Communication Coordinator Sara Stadtherr - Public Access Channel items
A. Memorandum of Understanding with ISD 206 for public access channel programming
B. Public access channel operator agreement
10. 8:25 p.m. Action items:
A. Resolution relating to the city of Alexandria Revenue Bond (ATTCC Foundation Project) Series 2011 Amendment
B. Charter Commission recommendation for Home Rule Charter amendments
11. 8:30 p.m. Community Development Director Mike Weber - regulating solar energy systems
12. 8:35 p.m. City Engineer Tim Schoonhoven - highway committee recommendations
13. 8:45 p.m. City attorney's items of business
14. 8:50 p.m. City administrator's items of business
15. 8:55 p.m. 2017 board, committee and commission appointments
16. 9:10 p.m. Old and other business
Agenda as of Dec. 7, subject to change.
THURSDAY, DEC. 15
Location: Board Room in the Administration Building, 2115 South Jefferson Street, Alexandria.
7 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance.
Call to order.
1. Minutes of Nov. 17
2. Plant operations report
3. Landfill operations report
4. Material recycling report
5. Plant maintenance report
6. Household hazardous waste and recycling reports
8. Other business
A. Lab U.S.A.
B. Regional recycling study
C. Agreement for collection of lamps - Xcel Energy
Agenda as of Dec. 2, subject to change.
LAKES AREA RECREATION
THURSDAY, DEC. 15
Location: University of Minnesota Extension Conference Room.
5:30 p.m. Lakes Area Recreation Board meeting.
Agenda items are general business, office update and action items.