On the Street - 12-10-10
?Kimmie Von Bargen was recently hired as a full time travel consultant with Bursch Travel American Express. Von Bargen has eight years of travel agency experience in Red Wing and her favorite destination is Hawaii. Her husband is a civil engineer...
- Kimmie Von Bargen was recently hired as a full time travel consultant with Bursch Travel American Express.
Von Bargen has eight years of travel agency experience in Red Wing and her favorite destination is Hawaii. Her husband is a civil engineer with Widseth Smith Nolting in Alexandria and they have three children.
Bursch Travel American Express was founded in Alexandria in 1956 and today has 14 offices in Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
- Kathy Sletto of Garfield will sign her book, Keeping Watch, this Saturday, December 11 at Book World at the Viking Plaza Mall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sletto was inspired to write the book by drawing from her experiences as a shepherdess responsible for 30 sheep, 24 rabbits, two llamas and an alpaca.
- Bethel Manor and Winona Shores Apartments of Bethany Community in Alexandria recently welcomed Michele Kellenberger to their housing team.
Kellenberger is the social services coordinator, helping housing residents obtain the assisted living services needed to be able to remain in their homes for as long as possible. She is a licensed social worker with 10 years experience working in various settings in western Minnesota.
- Kelly Boesen is a recipient of the Knute Nelson's (KN) "Tree of Excellence" award.
This award is the highest level of recognition through the KN Employee Recognition Program.
Boesen has been employed at KN for more than 11 years and is currently the director of social services. She was nominated by her peers who had this to say about her: "During times of change she remains calm and forward thinking...She is very detail orientated...She makes family members feel at ease because of her knowledge and competence...Ensures all residents are treated equally and advocates for resident rights...She strives to keep communication lines open so that our interdisciplinary team works collaboratively in order to best serve our residents...Her leadership, organizational skills and positive attitude have set the foundation for a successful transition to MDS 3.O."
- Judith Topel of Garfield is the newest member of the Time Well Spent team in Alexandria.
She has seven years experience as a nail technician/cosmetologist, five of them with spas in the Twin Cities area.
Her specialty is in the application of gel nail enhancements and gel chip-proof color for natural nails. She also provides hair care services.
- Terry Bowser and Ken Tessmer have joined the Century 21 First Realty team at 12th and Broadway in Alexandria.
Bowser and Tessmer have a combined 42 years of experience of listing and selling real estate in the Alexandria lakes area.
- Michelle L. Clark, an attorney with the law office of Tillitt McCarten Johnson and Haseman Ltd. in Alexandria, is a "qualified neutral" under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
This means she has completed certified training to conduct mediations for family law related issues. She also completed training for the court's early case management programs and is on court rosters for both Social Early Neutral Evaluation and Financial Early Neutral Evaluation.
Clark has been with the Tillitt McCarten law office since 2000. Her practice includes handling cases involving divorce, custody and paternity, child support, guardianships and conservatorships, commitments, real estate, and criminal law.