On the Street
o Studio C Salon in Alexandria recently hired hairstylist Shantel Ras. Ras has five years' experience in the beauty industry and recently became an educator for Industrial Lengths Hair Extensions. She's a natural when it comes to cutting and colo...
• Studio C Salon in Alexandria recently hired hairstylist Shantel Ras. Ras has five years’ experience in the beauty industry and recently became an educator for Industrial Lengths Hair Extensions. She’s a natural when it comes to cutting and coloring, according to Studio C Salon staff.
• American Solutions for Business (ASB) recently presented American Eagle Awards to five local individuals during the company’s annual awards ceremony in Minneapolis. Recipients were nominated by their peers for demonstrating the American spirit by unselfishly sharing their time and expertise, extending a helping hand and improving and energizing morale with a positive attitude.
Local personnel who received ASB’s Eagle Award were Karen Boll of Glenwood, Nancy Roering of Glenwood, Melanie Greseth of Brandon and Becky Moore of Starbuck.
Valerie Stai of Glenwood was presented with an Eagle Award by ASB’s founder and CEO, Larry Zavadil. Stai has been an ASB sales associate for 21 years and focuses on sales to the health care industry, working with hospitals, outreach centers and home health facilities.
• The Great River Study Club, an affiliate of the Seattle Study Club and coordinated locally by Centrasota Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, has been awarded “Study Club of the Year” at the Seattle Study Club Symposium in Naples, Florida.
The Seattle Study Club, often referred to as a university without walls, is recognized as one of the most advanced continuing education groups for dental professionals in the nation and is made up of 6,700 members from 250 clubs worldwide.
Local members of the Great River Study Club are Dr. Dean Anderson, Dr. Mike Collins, Dr. Kim Rauk, Dr. Rick Thiery, Dr. Kelly Bumgarner, from Central Minnesota Endodontics – Dr. Catherine Wurm and Dr. Brock Droll, and from Centrasota Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Dr. Harold Machesky, Dr. Donald Primley, Dr. Gustavo Pena, Dr. Eric Stine and Dr. Ryan Morris.
Through these members’ commitment to excellence, their patients benefit from the latest developments, treatment options and techniques available, providing state of the art dental care in the Alexandria area.
• This fall, Heartland Orthopedic Specialists is expanding its PEAK Performance programming with the addition of PEAK Performance: Hockey Treadmill and PEAK Performance: Hockey Skills.
PEAK Performance: Hockey Treadmill will help hockey players of all ages develop long, powerful strides and sound skating mechanics. Younger athletes will benefit from improving their mechanics, while older athletes will gain more explosive first steps, power, speed and cardiovascular endurance.
PEAK Performance: Hockey Skills will include training sessions for players of all ages and ability levels, focused on shooting, stick handling, passing and skating stride. Participants will also work to enhance other hockey skills critical for success, like quick hands, quick feet, hockey vision and multitasking.
• Krista Sladek Huot has joined the team at Salon LaBelle in Alexandria. She brings 19 years’ experience with her and offers full nail services, including natural and artificial nails, gel lacquer, shellac, acrylic and prescription nails. She also specializes in pedicures and full body waxing.
Salon LaBelle is located in the Willow Creek Complex, 410 30th Avenue East; (320) 759-5660.
• Greta (Wood) Rieland recently joined the team at Salon La Belle as its newest stylist. After four years at FiveTwoSix Salon in St.Paul, Rieland and her husband, Cody, have returned to their hometown of Alexandria.
Rieland is excited to bring all of her ideas, trends and styles to the area. She specializes in creative colors, men and women’s cuts and up-dos.
Call (320) 759-5660 to book an appointment with Greta.