On The Street
• Bethany On The Lake has named Tracie Crouse as Day Services coordinator. Crouse most recently served as a nurse with Horizon Public Health. As coordinator of the Day Services program, she will lead the team that provides direct care, socialization, exercises, activities and nutritious meals to seniors during the day.
• Faye Giese of Hoffman will participate in a performance of "The Music of Ola Gjeilo" at the Distinguished Concerts International New York City on Monday, Feb. 18. The group's artistic director and principal conductor, Jonathan Griffith, said Giese was invited because of her "quality and high level of musicianship" and the "exceptional quality of her audition recording."
• Local RV dealer Steinbring Motorcoach was honored as one of the 2018 Top 50 Dealers in North America by RVBusiness magazine during last month's annual RV Dealers Association International Convention/Expo. The magazine said it chose top dealers based on customer service, community involvement and general excellence in overall operations.
• PrimeWest Health, a health plan owned by Douglas County and 12 other rural Minnesota counties, recently received a four-star rating out of a possible five stars for Plan Year 2019 by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for its PrimeWest Senior Health Complete Medicare Advantage (HMO SNP) health plan. A four-star rating indicates PrimeWest Senior Health Complete is providing excellent coverage, quality, services and member satisfaction for the nearly 2,000 seniors in the program.
• Kris Chisholm, the new executive director of Douglas County Car Care, and Cliff Korkowski, the retiring executive director, accepted a special award from Runestone Electric Association last month. Its Operation Round Up Trust Board named Douglas County Car Care of Alexandria the winner of the local 2018 Touchstone Energy Community Award. The car care program, which donates and repairs cars for needy individuals or families, received $500 and a chance to win the statewide Minnesota Touchstone Energy Community Award in February.