On The Street
• Patty Daigle-Hoffman, marketing and communications specialist at Alexandria Industries, received the Public Relations Society of America Technology PR Professional of the Year Award on Oct. 8. The national award recognizes one outstanding member who has demonstrated notable service to the society, their employer or organization, and to the practice of technology public relations communications.
• Shawn Ostendorf of Alexandria has been named president of Montevideo-based Pluswood Distributors LLC, a supplier of cabinets, sinks, countertops and other decorative home building products for the residential construction industry, primarily across Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota. Ostendorf will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, sales plans and customer growth initiatives for the distribution company. He spent the past seven years as sales manager for another Minnesota-based cabinet manufacturer. Ostendorf has also served in a variety of corporate management and leadership roles. He is part of the ownership group, HickoryPine Investments, that recently purchased Pluswood.
• The Village Family Service Center has hired Kristin Goracke as a therapist at its Alexandria location, 4133 Iowa St., Suite 105. Goracke will provide in-office therapy services to individuals, couples and families, as well as school-based therapy at Voyager Elementary School. She obtained her bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, and her master's degree from Argosy University in Eagan. She has been a licensed marriage and family therapist since 2012. Previously, Goracke was a therapist for the Scott County Mental Health Center.
• Bethany on the Lake received a CHAIN Award for Excellence for its infection control efforts from the Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infection Network, which recognizes the infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship efforts of health care teams. Bethany recently spearheaded an infection control program, where a team focuses on infection control and meets regularly to review infection-control data and create strategies to improve problem areas. Since then, it has seen infection statistics drop. The facility has also been recognized on the Minnesota Department of Health Honor Roll at the gold level for collaboration, action and commitment.
• The Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors recently recognized three local businesses: Pioneer Grill by Knute Nelson has introduced an off-site catering service that serves clients for any type of event; Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott recently opened in Alexandria with 80 rooms, a fitness center, indoor swimming pool and conference room; and Ultimate Tire Total Car Care, at 115 50th Ave W. , is new to the Alexandria area and carries all brands of tires, and also offers custom wheels, auto repair, alignments, oil lube and filter services.