Luncheon focuses on emotional health
A trainer will talk about how to recharge, refresh and replenish your personal and professional energy and capacity during a spring luncheon hosted by Alexandria Public Schools Community Education and the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce from 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday, April 24 at the Holiday Inn of Alexandria.
During his presentation "Resiliency: The Importance of Emotional Health," speaker Mike Kutzke will teach attendees how to avoid the urgent need-to-dos that can hinder quality of life. He will discuss the perfect storm of distraction, emotion and logic, urgent versus important, ideal versus real, having a growth mindset, and getting comfortable with "fuzzy."
Kutzke is a speaker, trainer and learner with a special interest in technology, social media and how people and groups adapt to change, with a background in social sciences and criminal justice.
The luncheon is sponsored by Alomere Health. Serving begins at 11:15 a.m., with the presentation starting at 11:45 a.m. For more information, contact the chamber at 320-763-3161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Off the Clock at Living Waters Church
Lakes Area Connections will host the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce's April Off the Clock event at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at Living Waters Church, 1310 N. Nokomis NE, in Alexandria.
A Chamber networking event that is open to everyone, $1 admission includes appetizers and the chance to win a door prize valued at $100, sponsored by Tasha West and Sheryle Steinbring of RE/MAX Lakes Area Realty. All money raised will be donated to the day's nonprofit recipient, Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals, Inc.
Chamber recognizes new members
The Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce Membership Team recognized four new Chamber members in March and four in April:
• Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, a new hotel at 4929 Sanibel Dr. in Alexandria.
• Starbucks, at 615 44th Ave. W., which provides a variety of coffee, tea and food options.
• Alexandria Education Foundation, a nonprofit which funds unique learning experiences through grade 12.
• Vital Fit Club at 112 Sixth Ave. E. which offers a variety of fitness options.
• Recover Health at 1600 Broadway St. is a Medicare-certified home health agency providing a full range of home care services.
• Central Lakes Chiropractic Clinic, PC at 510 22nd Ave. E, Ste. 701 teaches patients simple, daily lifestyle choices that affect their health and life.
• The nonprofit Let's Go Fishing Alexandria Lakes Area provides fishing and pleasure cruises to seniors, adults and kids.
• CORE Creative LLC is an Alexandria design and marketing company that promotes the core values, ideas and goals of the client.