Fire contained at Parkers Prairie business
Thanks to an observant firefighter, a fire at Hart Travel bus company in Parkers Prairie was quickly contained.
The firefighter was working on a vehicle nearby and saw smoke billowing from the roof of the large metal building nearby. Within minutes, the Parkers Prairie Fire Department was on scene, according to Georgia Hart, who owns the bus company with her husband, Ernie, and son, Ricky.
Shortly after the fire department was called out, which was about 4 p.m., Wednesday, March 14, the Miltona Fire Department was called in to help.
Georgia Hart said she was grateful for a family member who quickly moved three buses, two motorcycles and a four-wheeler out of the building before they could be damaged.
The bus company owns a total of eight buses, but only three were parked in the building, which sits at the intersection of North Otter Avenue (State Highway 29) and West State Street, across the street from the municipal liquor store.
Georgia Hart said she spoke to an Otter Tail County Sheriff's deputy who thought it was more than likely an electrical fire and was caused by wiring in the ceiling.