Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Propane heater sparks fire in Brandon

A wall-mounted propane heater was the cause of a structure fire in Brandon on Saturday, Feb. 10.

According to a media release, at 12:39 p.m. the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Millerville Fire Department were called to the property of Ben Bitzan at 14360 County Road 24 Northwest in Brandon.

The propane heater had caused the structure to catch fire, but the fire department was able to extinguish it and prevent any major damage.

While on scene, a Millerville firefighter was treated by Ashby Ambulance for exhaustion.

North Ambulance also responded.

Beth Leipholtz

Beth is a reporter at the Echo Press. She graduated from the College of Saint Benedict in May 2015 with a degree in Communication and Hispanic Studies. Journalism has always been her passion, but she also enjoys blogging and graphic design. In her spare time, she's most likely at Crossfit or at home with her boyfriend and three dogs.

(320) 763-1233
Advertisement