Fire destroys Evansville barn
Fire destroyed a barn near Evansville Wednesday afternoon.
At 3:38 p.m., the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and Evansville Fire Department responded to a report of the fire at 20932 Horseshoe Road NW, Evansville, the home of Svetlana Fedje and Vladislav Connell.
When deputies arrived, they found a small barn, used to house chickens and sheep, was on fire. The Brandon Fire Department was called for mutual aid to assist in extinguishing the fire.
The fire was believed to be caused by a heat lamp located inside the barn.
The homeowner was successful in getting all animals out of the barn, according to authorities.
The barn is believed to be a total loss. Ashby Ambulance also responded to the scene in case there were any injuries.