Weather Forecast


Structure fire reported early Sunday

Just after 6 a.m. on Sunday, October 13, fire crews responded to a fire in an outbuilding at 3321 Lake Victoria in Alexandria.

According to the Alexandria Fire Department, the fire was caused by a wood burning stove in the shop. The fire was reportedly contained to the shop area inside the structure. 

There was extensive fire and smoke damage, but the structure was not a total loss.

The property is owned by Timothy Ruud. No injuries were reported.

Alexandria Fire Department, Forada Fire Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office and Alexandria Police Department responded to the scene. 

Amy Chaffins

Amy Chaffins is a journalist working for the Echo Press newspaper in Alexandria, Minnesota.

(320) 763-3133