Weather Forecast


Fire damages house in Brandon

Fire caused extensive damage to a house in Brandon on Saturday afternoon.

When firefighters arrived, they found a house at 201 Holmes Avenue engulfed in flames.

Everyone in the house made it out safely. The house, owned by John Oberg, was occupied by a family member.

Authorities believe the fire started when a heat lamp fell on a couch.

The Brandon Fire Department was assisted by fire departments from Garfield and Evansville.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office also responded.

The West Central Minnesota Chapter of the American Red Cross assisted.