STAFF BLOG CAPITOL CHATTER Legislative notebook: Sunday sales fail
By Don Davis
Another year, another defeat for Sunday liquor sales.
The Minnesota House voted 106-21 Wednesday to retain state law forbidding Sunday liquor store hours. The issue arises regularly in th... Posted on 5/1/13 at 5:57 PM
An estimated one in three Minnesota homes harbors high levels of radon. However, testing for the radioactive gas before buying or selling a home can lead to reduced health risks, according to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Janet Thompson was being treated for terminal lung cancer, but her thoughts were about others.
She lobbied people she saw to check their homes for radon, a colorless and odorless radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer.
Every 25 minutes, one person in the U.S. dies from radon-related lung cancer. It is the largest environmental cancer risk and the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Fortunately, the risk is largely preventable, according to the Minnesota Department of Public Health.
Normally, we wouldn’t publish an article from a woman in Waterloo, Illinois with no connection to the Douglas County area.
But her experience delivers a powerful message about a danger that local residents need to know more about: Radon.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »