Publish November 14, 21, 28, 2012
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: QUT
COURT FILE NO. ____________
David J. Uselman,
Unknown heirs of Theone Harriette Land; unknown heirs of Dwayne R. Land; unknown heirs of R. S. Land, a/k/a Ralph Shepard Land, a/k/a Ralph S. Land; Lola Land; unknown heirs of Ollie P. Johnson; Bradley A. Wilson and Barbara Wilson, husband and wife; Helen Leighton Davies and F. Ernest Davies, wife and husband; Steven A. Olson and Linda P. Olson, husband and wife, State of Minnesota; Perry J. Knapp and Elizabeth A. Knapp, as Trustees of the Perry J. Knapp Revocable Trust Under Agreement dated April 29, 1999; and all of the unknown heirs of any of the above-named defendants that may be deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest in or lien upon the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787, Alexandria, MN 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, The Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That part of Lot D, AUDITOR’S SUBDIVISION OF PART OF LOTS 6 AND 7 IN SECTION 14 TOWNSHIP 128 NORTH, RANGE 38 WEST OF THE 5TH P.M., according to the recorded plat thereof and that part of Government Lot Seven, Section 14, Township 128 North, Range 38 West, Douglas County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the northeast corner of Lot 15, VIKING BEACH, according to the recorded plat thereof;
thence on a record bearing of North 01 degrees 40 minutes 50 seconds West along the westerly right-of-way line of County Road No. 90 a distance of 33.68 feet;
thence northerly along said westerly right-of-way line on a tangential curve, concave to the west, radius 539.96 feet, central angle 33 degrees 51 minutes 00 seconds, 319.00 feet;
thence North 35 degrees 31 minutes 50 seconds West along tangent and along said westerly right-of-way line 158.63 feet to the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence continuing North 35 degrees 31 minutes 50 seconds West along said westerly right-of-way line 59.05 feet to the southeasterly line of that land as described in Document No. 109472 and of record in the office of the Douglas County Recorder;
thence South 33 degrees 53 minutes 32 seconds West along said southeasterly line 65 feet more or less to the shoreline of Lake Latoka;
thence southeasterly along said shoreline 57 feet more or less to the intersection of a line bearing South 33 degrees 55 minutes 00 seconds West from the point of beginning;
thence North 33 degrees 55 minutes 00 seconds East 58 feet more or less to the point of beginning.
Containing 0.08 acres more or less.
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that the Plaintiff is the owner of the land described above; and that the defendants, and each of them, have no interest or estate in said land, nor lien thereof.
Notice is further given that no personal claim is made by Plaintiff against any of the defendants.
Dated this 7th day of November, 2012.
JACOBSON SCHULTZ, P.A.
By /s/ Gary I. Syverson
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Registration #108133
Tags: legalsMore from around the web