On the Street - November 23, 2012Amanda Ellerbroek, LPN, is a recipient of Knute Nelson’s (KN) Tree of Excellence award.
• Vic Benzinger, a financial advisor with Steidl, Benzinger, Tatge, Seifert and Associates, a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., recently attended an offsite symposium. During the two-day conference, Benzinger heard from numerous industry experts and investment firms. Topics included investment themes for 2013, taxes and politics, global real estate outlook and charitable giving.
For more information, visit Ameriprise.com or ameripriseadvisors.com/victor.j.benzinger.
• The Alexandria Woman’s Club recently donated $200 to the Blue Star Mothers organization in Alexandria. The Woman’s Club raises money through various community fundraisers and donates this money to many local charities. The organization is part of the international organization of General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC). The Alexandria Woman’s Club strives to empower women and works to better the community.
For more information, contact Irene Pratt at (320) 759-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Amanda Ellerbroek, LPN, is a recipient of Knute Nelson’s (KN) Tree of Excellence award. This award is the highest level of recognition through the KN Employee Recognition Program. Ellerbroek has been employed at KN for more than three years as a licensed practical nurse at the Care Center. Ellerbroek was nominated by her peers, who had this to say about her: “She always has a wonderful smile and positive attitude. Resident care is her top priority; the resident care and comfort always come first.”
• Minnesota Farmers Union honored David Velde of Alexandria with a Distinguished Service Award at its 71st annual state convention.
Velde currently serves as general counsel for Minnesota Farmers Union, as well as National Farmers Union, and is co-owner of Velde Moore, LTD in Alexandria. He also serves as a United States Bankruptcy Trustee. He received his law degree from Hamline University School of Law (J.D.), and served as deputy commissioner of agriculture for the state of Minnesota.
Velde and his wife, Brenda, an attorney at Velde Moore, LTD, have two children.
• Edina Realty, a residential real estate firm, recently announced that Gloria Iverson has joined its Alexandria office. Iverson has served the Alexandria lakes area real estate market for many years and is very excited about working with Edina Realty and all of the tools they provide to enhance their real estate buyers’ and sellers’ experience.
For more information, go to www.alexandria.edinarealty.com.
• Shawna Jokinen, administrator at Grand Village Care Center in Grand Rapids, and Ecumen Regional Director Carol Kvidt joined 300 others in celebrating Ecumen’s 150th anniversary at the “There’s No Place Like Home” gala in early November. The evening honored 150 years of history and looked forward in the work of innovation and changing aging.
Proceeds from the gala will help support Ecumen’s Awakenings initiative, a new approach to Alzheimer’s care that moves people away from unnecessary use of antipsychotic medications and awakening them to living as fully as possible.
Tags: businessMore from around the web