Volunteer opportunitiesA variety of volunteer opportunities is available in Douglas and Pope counties. For more information, call the numbers listed with each opportunity. To learn about additional volunteer opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties at (320) 834-7800.
A variety of volunteer opportunities is available in Douglas and Pope counties. For more information, call the numbers listed with each opportunity. To learn about additional volunteer opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties at (320) 834-7800.
• Coat collection and distribution - October 15 and 16; October 18 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to register recipients and supply tables.
• Food drop - October 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., volunteers needed to work a table or be a carrier.
• Child hunger project - October 11, volunteers needed to fill bags of food.
Contact United Way at (320) 834-7800.
Alexandria United Methodist Church: Volunteers needed for free community breakfast. Call (320) 763-4624.
Community Education Cross-Age Tutoring Program: High school students needed to tutor elementary or middle school students. Call Lynn Ransom at (320) 762-5287.
District 206 Youth Mentoring: Volunteers needed to be mentors and lunch buddies to 1st through 6th graders.
Contact Kathy at (320) 762-3310, ext. 4274 or Haugkhaug@alexandria.k12.mn.us.
• Peer Support - volunteers needed to provide support to older adults due to life changes, loss, loneliness or emotional concern.
• Respite Program - volunteers needed to spend 1 to 4 hours per week providing companionship and conversation to a care receiver.
Training required for all volunteers; call (320) 763-9084.
Love INC: October 11, volunteers needed to set up for annual fall fundraiser.
Call Love INC at (320) 759-3022.
Minnewaska ECFE: Volunteers needed to assist with reading stories, activities and games, social interaction and play. Monday through Friday, 8 to 11:30 a.m.
Contact Cathy Kinney at email@example.com.
Someplace Safe: Volunteers needed to make signs for Taking Steps Against Domestic Violence walk.
Call (320) 762-1995.
Someplace Safe Thrift Store: Volunteers needed to organize donations at the store. Call Karen or Anna at (320) 763-4677.
Titus 2 Homes: Volunteers needed to assist with fall garage sale and Thanksgiving event. Call Mary Yaw at (320) 491-1851.