Brass quintet to kick off Central Lakes Concert Association seasonThe Central Lakes Concert Association (CLCA) proudly opens its 29th season with an outstanding brass quintet, the Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass (RMPBB), on Saturday, September 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the Jefferson High School in Alexandria. The doors open at 6:45 p.m.
The Central Lakes Concert Association (CLCA) proudly opens its 29th season with an outstanding brass quintet, the Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass (RMPBB), on Saturday, September 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the Jefferson High School in Alexandria. The doors open at 6:45 p.m.
The RMPBB is composed of five top brass musicians dedicated to bringing a musical experience to a wide range of audiences. Reflecting the diverse make-up of men and women in the American culture, RMPBB is dedicated to the notion that music is a gift to be enjoyed by everyone. They are especially dedicated to reaching out to the world's youth and inspiring them to reach for their dreams.
Members of the group have appeared on the world's most prominent stages and performed with such groups as the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Canadian Brass, the Empire Brass and the Boston Brass.
Season tickets may be purchased at a concert event or in advance by calling Jan Johnson at (320) 762-1350, Bernita Darveaux at (320) 763-6248, or Bev Peterson at (218) 685-4667.
To hear a sample of their music, go to www.centrallakesconcerts.com.
WHAT: Central Lakes Concert Association presents Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass
WHEN: Saturday, September 29, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Jefferson High School gymnasium, Alexandria
2012-13 CONCERT SEASON
The Central Lakes Concert Association (CLCA) presents its 29th season with an impressive roster of entertainment for the 2012-13 concert series.
All concerts are held at the Jefferson High School gymnasium. Sunday concerts are at 3 p.m. All other concerts are at 7:30 p.m. with doors opening 45 minutes before concerts.
Season tickets may be purchased at a concert event or in advance by calling Jan Johnson at (320) 762-1350, Bernita Darveaux at (320) 763-6248 in Alexandria or Bev Peterson at (218) 685-4667 in Elbow Lake.
Season ticket holders are also entitled to attend 25 concerts, no admission cost, subject to seating availability, through the CLCA's reciprocity agreement with Fergus Falls, Sauk Centre, Ortonville/Milbank, Wadena and Brainerd.
A complete list of the reciprocity concerts can be found on the CLCA website www.centrallakesconcerts.com.
Following is the 2012-13 CLCA concert series schedule:
• Saturday, September 29, 7:30 p.m. - Rodney Mack Philadelphia Brass, a veritable dream team of five of America's virtuoso brass musicians, dedicated to bringing the gift of great music to every audience.
• Sunday, October 14, 3 p.m. - The Classic Big Band and The Nostalgics, a group of professional musicians/singers from the Metro area who perform the Big Band music of Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, etc.
• Sunday, November 11, 3 p.m. - Two On Tap, a tapping and singing trip down memory lane, reveling in the chemistry and artistry of song-and-dance couples like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
• Saturday, March 2, 7:30 p.m. - Intersection, a New York trio consisting of violinist Laura Frautschi, cellist Kristina Reiko Cooper and pianist John Novacek.
• Sunday, April 7, 3 p.m. - The Abbey Road Band, headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota, a quartet of musicians/singers who perform the Beatles' music.
• Sunday, May 5, 3 p.m. - Take Me Home/John Denver, a full-length John Denver tribute starring Jim Curry that headlined in Las Vegas and is celebrated nationally and internationally.