Volunteer opportunitiesA variety of volunteer opportunities are available in Douglas and Pope counties. For more information, call the numbers listed with each opportunity below. To learn about additional volunteer opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties at (320) 834-7800.
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available in Douglas and Pope counties. For more information, call the numbers listed with each opportunity below. To learn about additional volunteer opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties at (320) 834-7800.
• Silent Auction Committee - September, volunteers needed to meet with committee to work on silent auction at chili feed.
• Mobile Food Drop - September 27, volunteers needed to work a table or be a carrier (11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
• Taste of Oktoberfest - October 5, volunteers needed for decorating, selling tickets or assisting beer and wine vendors.
• Chili Cook Off - October 9, volunteers needed to cook chili, help judge, sell tickets or serve.
• Coat Distribution - October 18, volunteers needed throughout the day (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for setting up, monitoring and packing up at the end.
Contact United Way at (320) 834-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Education Mentorship Program: Seeking volunteer lunch buddies to elementary students. Visit assigned students twice a month over school lunch. Community Based mentors with Match 2 Mentor for 5-12 grade students also needed.
Contact Kathy at (320) 762-3310, extension 4274, or email@example.com.
Grand Arbor: Volunteers needed to -
• Start a walking group with residents.
• Go on local shopping trips with residents on Wednesday afternoons.
• Visit residents.
• Lead a men's group.
• Serve prepared food to customers at Grand Arbor Bistro.
• Serve prepared food and assist in Coffee and Gift Shop at Knute Nelson.
Contact Judy Thielke at (320) 763-1162.
Minnewaska ECFE: Volunteers needed for pre-K, Monday through Friday from 8 to 11:30 a.m. to assist with reading stories, activities and games, teaching manners and social interaction and play.
Contact Cathy Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Someplace Safe: Volunteers needed to make signs for Taking Steps Against Domestic Violence walk.
Call Someplace Safe at (320) 762-1995.
Someplace Safe Thrift Store: Volunteers needed to help with donations and store operations.
Call Karen or Anna at (320) 763-4677.
United Methodist Church: Volunteers needed for the free community breakfast held the second Saturday of each month.
Call Alex UMC at (320) 763-4624.