Volunteer opportunitiesA variety of volunteer opportunities are available in Douglas and Pope counties. For more information, call the numbers listed with each opportunity below. To learn about additional volunteer opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties at (320) 834-7800.
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available in Douglas and Pope counties. For more information, call the numbers listed with each opportunity below. To learn about additional volunteer opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties at (320) 834-7800.
• Traveling Tree House - Volunteers needed to help with the summer enrichment program for children pre-K to 3rd grade.
Tuesdays: Fillmore Park, Alexandria (8:30 to 10 a.m.); City Park (10:30 a.m. to noon)
Wednesdays: Carlos City Park (8:30 to 10 a.m.); Miltona Community Center (10:30 a.m. to noon)
Thursdays: Garfield Park-A-While Gardens (8:30 to 10 a.m.); Brandon Lion's Park (10:30 a.m. to noon)
• Stuff the Bus - Help needed:
August 24: Volunteers needed to stuff bus boxes from participating businesses
August 27: Volunteers needed to stuff backpacks
• Project Community Connect/Mobile Food Drop - Help needed:
August 29: Volunteers needed at United Way office at noon to move backpacks to Runestone Community Center and prep for Project Community Connect
August 30: Volunteers needed between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to register participants, distribute backpacks, serve a meal, distribute food and clean up
Douglas County Hospital: Drivers needed to deliver meals for August, September and October.
Contact Vickie Olmschenk at (320) 762-6024 or email@example.com.
Rural AIDS Action Network (RAAN): Seeking volunteer board members to contribute time, thoughtfulness and leadership one evening a month. RAAN assists persons living with, affected by and at risk for HIV/AIDS in rural Minnesota.
Contact Charles Hempeck at 1-800-966-9735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Someplace Safe Thrift Store: Volunteers needed to help with donations and things around the store.
Call Karen or Anna at (320) 763-4677.
• Volunteers needed to meet with older adults in their homes weekly to provide support due to life changes, loss, loneliness or emotional concern.
• Volunteers needed to allow a caregiver to take a short break from their duties by spending 1-4 hours per week providing companionship and conversation to a care receiver.
Training is required for all volunteers. Call (320) 763-9084.