On the Street - May 25, 2012The Alexandria Fashion Bug has been given the President’s Club Award for their superior performance for 2012. The award honors the 50 top stores in areas such as sales, credit, customer service, and shrink control.
• The Region 3 Jaycees held an awards banquet on April 29 at Charlie’s Café in Freeport to recognize outstanding Jaycee chapters and their members within Region 3. Several members from the Alexandria Jaycees attended the banquet to represent their chapter. The Alexandria chapter was honored with the Gold Award. In addition, 12 members received individual awards for their leadership and involvement in the Alexandria community. Chapter President Kim Roering was honored to accept awards on behalf of many deserving members unable to attend, and proudly commended members in attendance that received individual awards.
For more information about the Alexandria Jaycees, including meeting information and how to become a member, visit www.alexjaycees.com or call (320) 834-3030.
• Northland Buildings’ Little Falls sales center has hired Chuck Porter from Alexandria as their new sales representative in west central Minnesota. Porter has more than 36 years of sales and construction experience and is excited to represent Northland Buildings, selling their quality post-frame buildings in this area.
Northland serves Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, northern Illinois, North Dakota and South Dakota and the upper peninsula of Michigan from the regional offices in Eau Claire, WI, Superior, WI, Minocqua, WI, Brownsville, WI, Rochester, MN, and Little Falls, MN.
With an experienced local sales staff, engineering department and local building crews, Northland Buildings designs post-frame buildings, from simple garages to complex agricultural and commercial buildings.
Porter may be reached at (320) 469-7362, 1-800-736-4510, on the web at northlandbuildings.com. or find Northland Buildings, Inc on Facebook.
• The Alexandria Fashion Bug has been given the President’s Club Award for their superior performance for 2012. The award honors the 50 top stores in areas such as sales, credit, customer service, and shrink control. The Alexandria Fashion Bug ranked ninth.
The Alexandria Fashion Bug is managed by June Eye, Grace Lueth and Melissa Koep. They and their staff thank all of their customers for helping them achieve this honor.
• Jon Halvorson of Alexandria with the Breitenfeldt Group in Long Prairie recently passed the rigorous two-day exam to become a certified financial planner (CFP).
The exam covers estate planning, taxation, investments, risk management, retirement and employee benefits.
In addition to the exam, a CFP practitioner must pass requirements in experience and ethics as well as possess a four-year college degree.
• Marco, Inc. announced that Jeff Gau, CEO, was named a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 program in the Upper Midwest.
The award recognizes outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Gau was selected from a strong pool of nominations by a panel of independent judges.
Awards will be presented on June 14 at the Marriott City Center Hotel in Minneapolis.