Publish April 20, 27, May 4, 2012
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: QUT
COURT FILE NO. __________
Glen T. Reiner and Dorothy A. Reiner,
husband and wife,
Lynn U. Martin, a/k/a L. U. Martin, and Hilma Martin, husband and wife; Harry H. Beal and Alta Mae Beal, a/k/a Alta Beal, husband and wife; E. E. Krueger and Pearl Krueger, husband and wife; J. O. Haugen and Nellie Haugen, husband and wife; A. W. Piversack, a/k/a A. W. Pilversack, and Anna Pilversack, husband and wife; Meredith MacKenzie; Township of Miltona; Richard Schulze and Sandra Schulze, husband and wife; and all of the unknown heirs of any of the above-named defendants that may be deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest in or lien upon the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs’ Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787, Alexandria, MN 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs’ Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, The Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lots 69, 70 and 71 and that part of the 66 foot platted road, all being within FREEDOM, according to the recorded plat thereof, and that part of Lot 1, AUDITOR’S SUB-DIVISION PART GOVERNMENT LOTS 1 AND 2, SEC. 34, TWP.130N., R.37W., according to the recorded plat thereof, and that part of Government Lot 1, Section 34, Township 130 North, Range 37 West, all being within Douglas County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the northeast corner of said Section 34;
thence South 89 degrees 04 minutes 26 seconds West, assumed bearing along the north line of said Section 34, a distance of 1151.69 feet;
thence South 17 degrees 00 minutes 27 seconds East 98.72 feet to the intersection with the easterly extension of the northerly line of said Lot 71, said point being the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence South 77 degrees 13 minutes 16 seconds West, along said easterly extension of the northerly line of Lot 71 and along the northerly line of said Lot 71 and along the westerly extension of the northerly line of said Lot 71, a distance of 398 feet more or less to the easterly shoreline of Lake Miltona;
thence southerly, along said easterly shoreline, 147 feet more or less to the westerly extension of the southerly line of said Lot 69;
thence North 78 degrees 14 minutes 36 seconds East, along said westerly extension of the southerly line of Lot 69 and along the southerly line of said Lot 69 and along the easterly extension of said Lot 69, a distance of 430 feet more or less to a line bearing South 15 degrees 22 minutes 36 seconds East from the point of beginning;
thence North 15 degrees 22 minutes 36 seconds West 153.16 feet to the point of beginning, containing 1.42 acres more or less.
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that the Plaintiffs are the owners of the land described above; and that the defendants, and each of them, have no interest or estate in said land, nor lien thereon, except as otherwise set forth in the Complaint.
Notice is further given that no personal claim is made by Plaintiffs against any of the defendants.
Dated this 17th day of April, 2012.
JACOBSON SCHULTZ, P.A.
By /s/ Gary I. Syverson
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Registration #108133
Tags: legalsMore from around the web