On the Street - March 30, 2012Bremer Bank announces the hire of Steven Notch as an ag banker in the Alexandria downtown office. Notch has nearly 25 years of lending and banking experience and will work with ag clients in the Alexandria area on their financing needs.
• North Memorial Ambulance, which provides service to more than 50 communities in Minnesota and western Wisconsin, has once again received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS).
North Memorial Ambulance is the only Minnesota-based ambulance service to successfully complete the voluntary review process, which includes the completion of a comprehensive application and on-site review by national experts in emergency medical services (EMS).
The commission is a non-profit organization that was established to encourage and promote quality patient care in America’s medical transportation system. The primary focus of the commission’s standards is high-quality patient care. This is accomplished by establishing national standards, which not only address the delivery of patient care but also the ambulance service’s total operation and its relationships with other agencies, the general public and the medical community.
The commission’s standards customarily exceed state and local licensing requirements. “Our staff has been key to the successful completion of this process,” said Pat Coyne, director of North Memorial Ambulance Services.
• Associates with REMAX Lakes Area Realty in Alexandria were recently recognized for their outstanding achievement in 2011 and were named to the REMAX North Central 100% Club and Executive Club.
Named to the 100% Club were Sheryl Bakewell and Lawrence Keenan and included in the Executive Club were Debra Powell and Lon Saude.
As the fourth and fifth highest regional honor for sales in a single year, only 20 percent of more than nearly 2,000 RE/MAX North Central associates in Minnesota and Wisconsin achieved the 100% Club level, and 26 percent achieved the Executive Club level.
REMAX Lakes Area Realty is affiliated with REMAX North Central and REMAX World Headquarters. Since its inception in 1985, REMAX North Central has grown to nearly 200 offices with nearly 2,000 sales associates throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin, providing residential and commercial real estate, as well as relocation and referral services.
• Special Event Boutique in Alexandria has been awarded the Diamond Award from Minneapolis-based company, Savvi Formalwear.
The award is presented to a selective group of authorized Savvi Formalwear dealers that demonstrate great sales achievement and outstanding service to customers. Special Event Boutique serves the Alexandria community with a complete bridal and formalwear department, serving wedding, prom and black-tie event customers.
• Bremer Bank announces the hire of Steven Notch as an ag banker in the Alexandria downtown office. Notch has nearly 25 years of lending and banking experience and will work with ag clients in the Alexandria area on their financing needs.
Notch most recently was a vice president in lending at Freeport State Bank in Freeport. He has a bachelor’s degree in finance from St. Cloud State University and is currently working on a master’s degree from Devry University. Notch is an active volunteer with the Freeport Fire Department and has also served as supervisor of Millwood Township and on the Stearns Electric Association Board of Directors.
“We are really excited to have Steve join Bremer and serve the agriculture clients in the Alexandria area,” said David Kjos, president of Bremer Bank in Alexandria. “He has a lengthy history of working with ag lending clients in his more than 20 years of banking experience. We are so fortunate to have somebody with Steve’s credentials joining our team.”
Bremer Financial Corporation is a privately-held, $8 billion regional financial services company jointly owned by its employees and the Otto Bremer Foundation (OBF). Founded in 1943 by Otto Bremer, the company is headquartered in St. Paul and provides a comprehensive range of banking, investment, trust and insurance products and services to nearly 100 locations in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin. OBF uses its share of dividends to distribute charitable grants to Bremer bank communities.
• Ted Haar, an Alexandria-based Thrivent Financial for Lutherans financial associate, was recently honored by the financial services organization for new member growth. Haar ranked 11th nationally among the organization's nearly 2,300 financial associates by attracting 49 new adult benefit members to join the financial services membership organization in 2011.
Haar is with the Northwestern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota Regional Financial Office in Fargo, ND. He meets members’ needs through customized financial strategies, personal customer service and a wide range of financial products.
Haar has been a financial associate with the organization since 1982.
Haar is a 29-time member of the Million Dollar Round Table, an independent association of insurance and financial services professionals, recognized as a standard of excellence in the financial services industry.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is a not-for-profit, Fortune 500 financial services membership organization helping approximately 2.5 million members achieve financial security and give back to their communities. Thrivent Financial and its affiliates offer a broad range of financial products and services. For more information, visit Thrivent.com, Facebook and Twitter.
• Douglas County chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has achieved the Chapter of Excellence award. As a thank-you from Thrivent, the chapter received a $500 gift card to be given to a food shelf. Chapter president Karen Kuhnau presented the $500 to The Outreach Food Shelf in Alexandria.
• Tyler Wirth, business consultant with The Work Connection (TWC), was elected director-at-large, diversity for the Lake Country Human Resource Association (LCHRA) board of directors. LCHRA fosters and promotes better methods, procedures, and practices that encourage the development of higher standards of performance in the field of human resource management.
LCHRA provides its members with the opportunity of networking, meeting and exchanging constructive ideas and information to enhance the growth of the human resource profession in the lakes area. LCHRA is an affiliate of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Wirth is a business consultant who manages the surrounding areas of TWC’s Alexandria, Brainerd, Detroit Lakes, Fargo, Fergus Falls and Perham offices. He consults with companies to help them operate more effectively, reduce risks and save money as they build and maintain high-quality workforces. His expertise and experience offer a scope of invaluable human resources outsourcing alternatives to his clients.
The Work Connection provides recruiting, staffing, screening and a variety of human resources services to its clients. Family-owned and celebrating its 26th year in business in 2012, TWC’s corporate headquarters are in St. Paul. The Work Connection has offices throughout Minnesota as well as in Kentucky, Nevada, North Dakota and South Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin. For a complete listing of all office locations and further information about TWC’s services, visit www.theworkconnection.com.
• Michael J. Faber, CEO of Viking Coca-Cola Bottling Company, First Choice Food and Beverage Solutions and Viking Beverages/Coors, announces the following personnel changes and promotions:
Marv Soldner has been named president of the company. He’s worked at Viking Coca-Cola since 1976, starting his career on a route truck and has worked in a variety of roles, most recently as executive vice president (sales and marketing).
David Yantes has been promoted to vice president (sales and marketing) at Viking Coca-Cola. Yantes has worked in the Coca-Cola business for 23 years across the Midwest, most recently as director – cold drink and on premise at Viking Coca-Cola.
Founded in 1953, Viking Coca-Cola is the eighth largest Coca-Cola bottler in the U.S. Headquartered in St. Cloud, Viking Coca-Cola has 11 branches throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin, including Alexandria.