DNR plans statewide meetings about off-highway trail assistance grantsThe Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Division of Parks and Trails has scheduled a series of statewide meetings that will provide important information about the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) grant-in-aid (GIA) program.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Division of Parks and Trails has scheduled a series of statewide meetings that will provide important information about the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) grant-in-aid (GIA) program. These meetings pertain only to groups with an active interest in all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-road vehicles (ORVs) such as sport utility vehicles and modified trucks, and off-highway motorcycles (OHMs), not snowmobiles.
Attending one of these meetings is required for groups currently receiving GIA funds. The meetings also will be helpful to local units of government that sponsor GIA contracts and clubs that want to expand public OHV trails in Minnesota. DNR staff will distribute the revised GIA manual and forms, walk through the GIA application process, provide updates on program funding, and answer questions. The next round of grant applications will be due Dec. 15.
Meetings are scheduled at the following times and locations, with others to be added soon. Note that some locations request an RSVP to help ensure adequate space and materials for participants:
· Brainerd: Wednesday, Nov. 16, 6-8 p.m., DNR building, 1601 Minnesota Drive, 56401; RSVP: 218-833-8710.
· Grand Rapids: Monday, Nov. 21, 6-8 p.m., Itasca County Lands office, 1177 LaPrairie Ave., 55744-3322 (in conjunction with the County ATV Alliance meeting)
· Tower: Tuesday, Nov. 22, 6- 8 p.m., DNR building, 650 Highway 169, 55790.
· Rochester: Tuesday, Nov. 22, 7-9 p.m., Heintz Center, Room HA 102, Community and Technical College, 1926 Collegeview Drive SE, 55904; RSVP: 651-259-5874.
· Bemidji: Tuesday, Nov. 29, 10 a.m. – noon, Lake Bemidji State Park Visitor Center, 3296 State Park Road NE, 56601.
· Finland: Wednesday, Nov. 30, Lake County Forestry building, 6678 Highway 1, 55603.
· Backus: Thursday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m. – noon, Cass County Land Department, 218 Washburn Ave. E., 56435.
· Sauk Rapids: Tuesday, Dec. 6, 7- 9 p.m., DNR building, 940 Industrial Drive, 56379; RSVP: 651-259-5874.
· Windom: Tuesday, Dec. 6, 6-8 p.m., DNR Area Headquarters building, 175 County Road. 26, 56101.
· Blaine: Thursday, Dec. 8, 6-8 p.m., Lodge Meeting Room, Gander Mountain, 10650 Baltimore St. NE, 55434; RSVP: 651-259-5874.
· Thief River Falls: Thursday, Dec. 8, 10 a.m.-noon, DNR building, 246 125th Ave. NE, 56701; RSVP: 218-681-0946, ext. 222.
· Benson: Tuesday, Dec. 13, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Swift County Highway Department Building, 1635 Hoban Ave., 56215.
· Hutchinson: Date and time to be determined, DNR building, 20596 Highway 7, 55350; RSVP: 320-234-2550, ext. 225.
As additional meetings are scheduled, details will be posted at mndnr.gov
Anyone with questions about the OHV GIA program or suggestions for topics to address at the upcoming meetings should contact Mary Straka, DNR OHV program coordinator, 218-833-8713 (Brainerd) or 651-259-5644 (St. Paul) or firstname.lastname@example.org.