At the MoviesHere are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark
Horror/Thriller – Rated R
Based on a 1973 horror telefilm, the story follows Sally, a young girl who moves to Rhode Island to live with her father and his new girlfriend in the 19th century mansion they are restoring. While exploring the house, Sally starts to hear voices, coming from creatures in the basement whose hidden agenda is to claim her as one of their own.
• Directed by: Troy Nixey
• Cast: Katie Holmes, Guy Pearce, Bailee Madison, Jack Thompson
• This film is rated R for violence and terror.
Our Idiot Brother
Comedy – Rated R
Ned Rochlin chooses to look for the good in every situation and the best in everyone he meets, which often puts him at odds with the world around him, especially his family. After all, what can you say about a guy who is quite easily tricked into selling pot to a uniformed police officer? Upon being released from jail, Ned returns to the organic farm he shares with his girlfriend to find that she has thrown him out and won’t give up custody of his beloved dog. Without a house, job or clue about how to get his dog back, Ned seeks shelter with his begrudging family.
• Directed by: Jesse Peretz
• Cast: Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Mortimer, Steve Coogan, Hugh Dancy.
• This film is rated R for sexual content, nudity and language.
Action/Adventure – Rated PG
The film follows a young woman who, after witnessing her parents’ murder as a child in Bogota, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin. She works for her uncle as a hit man by day, but her personal time is spent engaging in vigilante murders that she hopes will lead her to her ultimate target – the mobster responsible for her parents’ death.
• Directed by: Oliver Megaton
• Cast: Zoe Saldana, Michael Vartan, Callum Blue
• This film is rated PG for violence, disturbing images, intense action sequences, sexuality and brief strong language.