ACT sponsors video contest urging student creativityLights. Camera. Action. ACT is sponsoring a video contest to encourage high school juniors and seniors to use their creativity to share their reasons for taking the ACT test.
By: Staff Report, Alexandria Echo Press
Lights. Camera. Action. ACT is sponsoring a video contest to encourage high school juniors and seniors to use their creativity to share their reasons for taking the ACT test.
The student with the winning video will receive a $5,000 scholarship to the college of his or her choice. Second- and third-place winners will receive $2,500 and $1,000 scholarships, respectively. Seven other finalists will each receive a $500 scholarship.
ACT will judge the videos based on the following criteria: creativity (25%), visual appeal (25%) and overall content (50%). The top ten videos will then be placed online and students will vote for their favorite.
Participants must be U.S. high school students who plan to apply for 2012 or 2013 college admission to a U.S. two-year or four-year institution.
The ACT is a curriculum-based college achievement test. It measures what students have actually learned in school. ACT scores are accepted by all four-year colleges and universities across the country.
Video entries of three minutes or less will be accepted between Aug. 1, 2011 and Sept. 11, 2011. Winners will be announced by Oct. 10, 2011. For more information, visit actstudent.org/videocontest. Follow the contest and other events at The ACT Test on Facebook and on Twitter @ACTStudent.