At the moviesHere are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Action/adventure – Rated PG-13
When a mysterious event from Earth’s past erupts into the present day, it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us.
• Directed by: Michael Bay
• Cast: Shia LaBeouf, John Turturro, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Patrick Dempsey, Kevin Dunn, John Malkovich, Frances McDormand.
• This film is rated PG-13 for intense prolonged sequences of sci-fi action violence, mayhem and destruction and for language, some sexuality and innuendo.
Comedy/drama/romance – Rated PG-13
Until he was downsized, affable, amiable Larry Crowne was a superstar team leader at the big-box company where he’s worked since his time in the Navy. Underwater on his mortgage and unclear on what to do with his suddenly free days, Larry heads to his local college to start over. There he becomes part of a colorful community of outcasts, also-rans and the overlooked, all trying to find a better future for themselves, often moving around town in a herd of scooters. In his pubic-speaking class, Larry develops an unexpected crush on his teacher, Mercedes Tainot, who has lost as much passion for teaching as she has for her husband. The simple guy who has every reason to think his life has stalled will come to learn an unexpected lesson: when you think everything worth having has passed you by, you might discover your reason to live.
• Directed by: Tom Hanks
• Cast: Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Cedric the Entertainer, Taraji P. Henson, Wilmer Valderrama, Pam Grier, Bryan Cranston, Rami Malek, George Takei, Grace Gummer, Rita Wilson, Jon Seda.
• This film is rated PG-13 for brief strong language and some sexual content.
Comedy/romance – Rated PG
Grace is an ordinary girl who becomes an accidental princess when a family summer trip to Paris turns into the fantasy of a lifetime. Living like royalty, Grace, along with her two best friends, discovers who she really is – by assuming another person’s identity.
• Directed by: Thomas Bezucha
• Cast: Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Cory Monteith, Andie MacDowell.
• This film is rated PG for brief mild language.