At the moviesHere are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Comedy – Rated R
Annie is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian, and a group of colorful bridesmaids on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie’s life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian’s maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she’ll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you’ll go for someone you love.
• Directed by: Paul Feig
• Cast: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Chris O’Dowd, Ellie Kemper, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Melissa McCarthy, Matt Lucas, Jill Clayburgh, Rebel Wilson, Michael Hitchcock.
• This film is rated R for some strong sexuality and language throughout.
Action/horror/sci-fi – Rated PG-13
Priest, a western-fused post-apocalyptic thriller, is set in an alternate world – one ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampires. The story revolves around a legendary warrior priest from the last Vampire War who now lives in obscurity among the other downtrodden human inhabitants in walled-in dystopian cities ruled by the church. When his niece is abducted by a murderous pack of vampires, Priest breaks his sacred vows to venture out on an obsessive quest to find her before they turn her into one of them. He is joined on his crusade by his niece’s boyfriend, a trigger-fingered young wasteland sheriff, and a former warrior priestess who possesses otherworldly fighting skills.
• Directed by: Scott Stewart
• Cast: Paul Bettany, Karl Urban, Cam Gigandet, Maggie Q, Lily Collins, Brad Dourif, Stephen Moyer, Christopher Plummer
• This film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, disturbing images and brief strong language.