Business fire in downtown CarlosFirefighters battle smoke in downtown decorating boutique
By: Amy Chaffins, Alexandria Echo Press
Just after 6 p.m. Friday, Carlos firefighters were called to a fire at Lyn's Lasting Memories on Main Street in downtown Carlos.
When firefighters arrived, smoke was seen coming from the roof and front door of the business.
The wedding and event decorating boutique is owned by Bob and Linda Hop of Carlos. The business is located between Ruby Hill Gallery and Herby's Bar and Grill in Carlos.
Initial information indicates that the fire was most likely caused by an electrical issue. The building sustained substantial smoke damage, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.