At the moviesHere are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
The Lincoln Lawyer
Drama – Rated R
Michael Haller is a slick, charismatic Los Angeles criminal defense attorney who operates out of the back of his Lincoln Continental sedan. Having spent most of his career defending petty, gutter-variety criminals, he unexpectedly lands the case of a lifetime – defending a rich Beverly Hills playboy who is accused of attempted murder. However, what initially appears to be a straightforward case with a big money pay-off swiftly develops into a deadly match between two masters of manipulation and a crisis of conscience for Haller.
• Directed by: Brad Furman.
• Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe, Josh Lucas, Michael Pena, William Macy.
• This film is rated R for some violence, sexual content and language.
Adventure/comedy/sci-fi – Rated R
Two sci-fi geeks’ pilgrimage takes them to America’s UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe. For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul has been hanging out at a top-secret military base. For reasons unknown, the space traveler decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town – a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme and Clive. Chased by federal agents and fanatical father of a young woman they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship.
• Directed by: Greg Mottola.
• Cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Blythe Danner, Joe Lo Truglio, John Carroll Lynch, David Koechner. Sigourney Weaver and Seth Rogen as the voice of Paul.
• This film is rated R for language including sexual references and some drug use.
Thriller – Rated PG-13
A writer takes an experimental drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the perfect version of himself, forces more corrupt than he can imagine mark him for assassination. Out-of-work writer Eddie Morra’s rejection by girlfriend Lindy confirms his belief that he has zero future. That all vanishes the day an old friend introduces Eddie to MDT, a designer pharmaceutical that makes him laser focused and more confident than any man alive. Now on an MDT-fueled odyssey, everything Eddie’s read, heard or seen is instantly organized and available to him. As the former nobody rises to the top of the financial world, he draws the attention of business mogul Carl, who sees this enhanced version of Eddie as the tool to make billions. But the brutal side effects jeopardize his meteoric ascent. With a dwindling stash and hit men who will eliminate him to get to the MDT, Eddie must stay wired long enough to elude capture and fulfill his destiny.
• Directed by: Neil Burger
• Cast: Bradley Cooper, Abbie Cornish, Robert De Niro.
• This film is rated PG-13 for thematic material involving drugs and violence, including disturbing images, sexuality and language.