Education Foundation invites nominations for 2011 Hall of Fame honorsThe Alexandria Public Schools Education Foundation is seeking nominations for its next class of Hall of Fame inductees. The Education Foundation established the “Alumni Hall of Fame” in an effort to honor outstanding alumni, or for any staff or faculty member, who have earned distinction or achievement in their chosen field.
The Alexandria Public Schools Education Foundation is seeking nominations for its next class of Hall of Fame inductees.
The Education Foundation established the “Alumni Hall of Fame” in an effort to honor outstanding alumni, or for any staff or faculty member, who have earned distinction or achievement in their chosen field.
Honorees from previous years include: Ruth Salzman Adams, Arthur O. “Art” Hafdal, Maynard “Bud” Peterson, Ellen Eilers, John A. Gustafson, Tom Lehman, Murrae Freng, A.A. “Cap” Paciotti, Robert J. (Bob) Rader, Bev “B” Lohrman Grossman, John Hammergren, and Dr. Gerald Timm.
Please consider nominating an individual meeting the following criteria:
• Nominees must have graduated from an Alexandria High School in 1989 or earlier or must have retired from District 206 after serving in the District for a minimum of 10 years.
• Nominees must have realized distinctive achievements in their chosen field(s) that include such areas as business, education, science, professions or community service.
• Nominees may or may not be currently holding the position(s) in which they achieved major success.
• Nominees may be living or deceased.
Please include the following with your nomination:
• Nominee’s name and class.
• Detailed information about the candidate’s credentials and achievements and the impact of those accomplishments.
• Public awards and honors.
Nominations are to be kept confidential and nominees should not be contacted for information.
Along with the nomination, please include your own contact information and where to find other information about the nominee.
All nominations should be sent to Susan Scarborough c/o The Alexandria Public Schools Education Foundation, PO Box 308, Alexandria, MN 56308.
Nominations may also be completed online at www.alexandria.k12.mn.us/halloffame.
The deadline to submit a nomination is Thursday, April 21. If the nominee is not selected to the Alumni Hall of Fame in 2011, he or she will remain in the pool for future consideration.
The Foundation Board will make final selections of honorees and those individuals will be honored at the 5th Annual Hall of Fame luncheon and celebration event on September 23.